All-Star Flyer Stretch Time

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
To all flyers out there, how much time do you spend stretching outside of normal team practice?

My daughter spends about 30 minutes per day stretching. splits nd various stretches and pulling the specific tricks on both legs. Hope that helps.

My daughter spends about 30 minutes per day stretching. splits nd various stretches and pulling the specific tricks on both legs. Hope that helps.

Thanks, does she even stretch on cheer days? Sometimes it is so hard to find extra time on school days.

Most of our climbers stretch when they wake up and before they go to bed. They also come 30mins before practice so we can stretch them :) When we stretch them we also make them pull the body positions to counts :)

Most of our climbers stretch when they wake up and before they go to bed. They also come 30mins before practice so we can stretch them :) When we stretch them we also make them pull the body positions to counts :)
That is awesome that you take the time to do that for your flyers. My CP is stretching before bed, but not sure if either of us has the will power to wake up early (we already wake up really early) to also stretch in the mornings.

When I flew last year, I stretched for about 40 minutes 5 days a week. Over the summer I stretched for an hour everyday. I still stretch for a half hour, even though I don't fly this year. I have a sstraight leg scorp now:)

When I flew last year, I stretched for about 40 minutes 5 days a week. Over the summer I stretched for an hour everyday. I still stretch for a half hour, even though I don't fly this year. I have a sstraight leg scorp now:)
That is awesome! It sounds like your hard work paid off. For us is tough finding time in the school year.

That is awesome! It sounds like your hard work paid off. For us is tough finding time in the school year.
thank you:) During the school year, it can be tough though. I would try to stretch while doing my homework... haha didn't work out to well!

I normally turn on my TV to a thirty minute show like Say Yes to the Dress and do my splits while the show is on then stretch my back during commercials. Or just DVR it and stretch to an hour show skipping commercials:)

I normally turn on my TV to a thirty minute show like Say Yes to the Dress and do my splits while the show is on then stretch my back during commercials. Or just DVR it and stretch to an hour show skipping commercials:)
Thanks, lots of good tips for how to try and fit the stretching in.

^ that's what I do. I don't fly but I do like nice jumps so I'll usually sit in a split while studying or making flash cards & whatnot.

BUT WHATEVER YOU DO! don't try to read a book while laying on your back in straddle because I dropped one right on my face one time. :mad:
Hahaha happens to the best of us! :stupid:

I feel bad..
My daughter only stretches like once or twice a week for like 15 mins at the house. We don't have time during the week since she has practice every day Monday thru Friday. On Tuesday she even goes to an hr flexibility class that is nothing but straight stretching. Honestly though she doesn't really stretch outside of practice too often. Since we leave for practice the second she gets out of school and usually ain't home till 10. She gets up for school at 6 already and for a 6yr old idk if I want to wake her up earlier.
Hmm y'all have me wondering.. It could be why he scorpion is still Boo boo.

I feel bad..
My daughter only stretches like once or twice a week for like 15 mins at the house. We don't have time during the week since she has practice every day Monday thru Friday. On Tuesday she even goes to an hr flexibility class that is nothing but straight stretching. Honestly though she doesn't really stretch outside of practice too often. Since we leave for practice the second she gets out of school and usually ain't home till 10. She gets up for school at 6 already and for a 6yr old idk if I want to wake her up earlier.
Hmm y'all have me wondering.. It could be why he scorpion is still Boo boo.
Since she is at the gym so much and taking that stretch class I would think she is good. Our gym doesn't offer a stretch class yet. If they ever do I would try to put my girls in it. Maybe have her stretch her scorpian extra on the weekends.

Back