Flying On High School Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 15, 2013
Recently I joined my high school cheer team and became a flyer! But it makes me so nervous every time they ask me to do something and it's bad enough that there's a girl who could do some of my stunts ( it's complicated like pretty much were both flyers but whoever can do the stunt best does it for the routine) so I get so nervous every time I have to perform and it sucks the fun out of flying! My main problem is when I'm not stunting with my group I do terrible and I shake so much from staying tight!! Some of my mistakes in flying is toeing, going up before I'm supposed to, and I think that's it! Any advice I know my post was all over the place so I hope it was easy to understand my problem thanks a lot in advance! :)

Just really try to be confident in yourself and tell yourself you are better than the other girl and just remember you're going up there because your coach has faith in you

Yeah being confident is one thing to improve one. A couple other things you can do is when you go up too early just try to remember the counts for when you go up, if your toeing a lot curl your toes, and try not to stay so tight you shake just basically flex every muscle in your body that you can and lift up your shoulders! It will make you feel a lot lighter for the bases underneath you!;)

Just stay tight and have confidence. If you need to, schedule stunting days at your house with your team, so you can have extra practice!

Back