All-Star Football Player Quits, Joins Cheer Squad

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Although I am NOT a fan of the high kick, at least it was somewhat positive and not "Cheerleading is dangerous,scary/bad". A young man stood in front of a news camera and said cheerleading is fun and I enjoy it regardless of what anyone says. Finally a non-cheerhating story and people still rip it apart, sad.

Although I am NOT a fan of the high kick, at least it was somewhat positive and not "Cheerleading is dangerous,scary/bad". A young man stood in front of a news camera and said cheerleading is fun and I enjoy it regardless of what anyone says. Finally a non-cheerhating story and people still rip it apart, sad.
agreed! will you people EVER be happy?

I just don't understand why this was given coverage. And i didn't listen to the video, just watched the footage. I'm just saying someone needs to rescue him from everything the girls are doing. They are in desperate need of a UCA camp.

I just don't understand why this was given coverage. And i didn't listen to the video, just watched the footage. I'm just saying someone needs to rescue him from everything the girls are doing. They are in desperate need of a UCA camp.
I agree that what he was doing wasn't the image we all want, but what the kid said is admirable.

Couple things (I am an Iowa native - Born and raised til I was 18)

1. This is news simply because there is not much else out there. On my life - One day the top story for News Channel 9 was a tracktor caused hours of delays by hogging the road. Seriously. LOL. I mean, C'mon - Its called Interstate 35 High School. Thats because there are no towns along the interstate so everyone that lives off the interstate just joined to make a High School. Im pretty sure they are 1A school. My High School was 2A and my graudating class was around 40. I cant imagine I-35 HS being bigger than that.

2. Back in 2003 when I cheer High School - It was a big deal. I was football, wrestling, basketball, track, baseball 'stud' gone cheerleader. My dad was a wrestling coach, I qualified for state in track, I'm from a small town full of pickups, etc.

3. I am going to try and video tape Interstate 35's High School routine back when I was in High School. You all will die. Props for a guy joining! Its iowa. Not much Coed going on in Iowa... or cheer for that matter anyway!

4. Go Hawkeyes!!!

I have to agree with @FamousRudags. I lived in Iowa groing up too, and I cheered for one of the few schools that have a competitive program- cheerleading there is not at the forefront of activities at most schools. Further, school cheer as a whole (particularly at the small rural schools) is a spirit tradition and doesn't really involve much more than chants and high kicks.

Oh, and GO HAWKEYES!!

I have to agree with @FamousRudags. I lived in Iowa groing up too, and I cheered for one of the few schools that have a competitive program- cheerleading there is not at the forefront of activities at most schools. Further, school cheer as a whole (particularly at the small rural schools) is a spirit tradition and doesn't really involve much more than chants and high kicks.

Oh, and GO HAWKEYES!!

Where did you go?

Back