All-Star Football Player Quits, Joins Cheer Squad

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

you only had a turtleneck!? we had a fullllllll leotard. It snapped together at the bottom. I forgot about the sweaters! We had those too. They were kinda weird...smelled a little funky. We had ponchos too for when it rained!
hahahaha...thanks for the trip down memory lane. we definitely had all of the above when i started school cheer in 7th grade. i'm feeling old right now!

you only had a turtleneck!? we had a fullllllll leotard. It snapped together at the bottom. I forgot about the sweaters! We had those too. They were kinda weird...smelled a little funky. We had ponchos too for when it rained!

Oh, that's what I meant....the full body suit, with the folded over turtle neck and the snaps at the crotch, that hurt so bad and dug into your bikini line and made it impossible to use the bathroom without assistance from someone! When we would wear them to school, we wouldn't snap them, just leave them un done with our bloomers over them. The will sweaters were kind of smelly, and those lovely rain ponchos.....oh if girls these days knew how we suffered for the sport back in the Dark Ages, known as the 90s.

well im gonna cry. that is what gives us a bad name!! so dead right now :jawdrop:like did that really happen

i think its awesome, but yeah the whole "skirt over the pants" thing....someone needs to tell them that style went out in the 80s :rolleyes: i just think it looks bad. pants and jackets or skirts and jackets or no warm ups! and also, everyone should match.

p.s. i dont like it when the boys dont cheer like the girls do so i liked that he was kicking and doing all the arm motions.

I liked that he was doing the motions and chants! And I def. agree on the skirt over the pants...we NEVER did that. Our coach would have killed us for that one. And yes, we either all wore our warmups or all didn't. And yes, in Indiana by the end of football season we had on layers of clothes under our warm ups! It made it really hard to have good motions! But some good memories!!

Oh, that's what I meant....the full body suit, with the folded over turtle neck and the snaps at the crotch, that hurt so bad and dug into your bikini line and made it impossible to use the bathroom without assistance from someone! When we would wear them to school, we wouldn't snap them, just leave them un done with our bloomers over them. The will sweaters were kind of smelly, and those lovely rain ponchos.....oh if girls these days knew how we suffered for the sport back in the Dark Ages, known as the 90s.
hahaha speak for yourself, i graduated high school in 2009....

It's weird...this school next to mine, the football coach encourages them to join the cheer team ( not to cheer at games but to do competitions). I always thought that was kinda cool, they have a great coed team with like 8 -10 guys!

Reactions: VTX
When I was in high school we had 2 guys on our team during football season. Then for winter about 10 of the football players would join the team. A nearby gymnastics gym would let our team practice in there on Sundays, so during football season the football players would come and tumble and stunt with us. We would also be sure to schedule cheer camp for when they didn't have football-we would learn co-ed stunting there. The football coaches loved it, because it kept the guys out of trouble from November-April and kept them lifting.
When I went to college tryouts I was the only incoming freshman who would co-ed stunt (this was the 90s, there weren't many co-ed opportunities for high schoolers), the coaches were impressed. We also had several of the guys from our team who couldn't play college football, but were able to cheer at their colleges-best seats in the house are on the field!

Back