All-Star For All Who Talk About Sr's Needing To Be 14 And Under..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh and that tournament is like the Worlds of academy soccer, you think we are crazy, club soccer parents have their own board also and some of the drama makes ours look tame. Last Spring a coach left a club out here and took half the academy program with her...people are still bitter.....

Cheerleading shouldnt be compared to soccer. Let's just keep the age for seniors where it's at.

I agree about comparing it to soccer being wrong, but i do believe that the age's should be adjusted.
My sr level 4 team is FILLED with younger kids and not only do parents freak out if us older kids talk about older things, i think it takes away from us because on a team of majority lets say 5th to 8th graders having a dance you would see at ie. CA, Topgun, cali etc would be inappropriate so it just isn't fair to older athletes to have to do a cute little clean dance. Thats just one of many examples but is one that really irritates me.

Unless a kid's a soccer prodigy, they're almost undoubtedly going to being playing at their age level. So basically, kids on a U10 team are almost always going to be 8 or 9, U12 teams will be made up of 10 and 11-year-olds, etc. I can count the number of kids in our program who "play up" on one hand and have fingers left over. We sometimes have 14 year olds on our U19 team, but that's because we don't have a U16 team some years.

One of the very first posts I made on this board dealt with this topic, and my attitude remains the same - while I strongly prefer kids play with kids their own age and skill level, you have to have an age grid that allows flexibility. I don't like 12-year-olds on a senior team, honestly, but I accept that there are reasons why those kids should be there.

I'm confused. So its "under 13 to under 18"? What does that even mean? Wouldn't that just be under 18?

It's confusingly worded. What they're trying to say is that U9 and U10 games are 6 vs. 6, U11 and U12 games are 8 vs. 8, and U13 through U18/19 games are 11 vs. 11. This tournament's going to have teams at pretty much every age level:

http://www.gotsport.com/asp/directors/tournament/vieweventteamsclean.asp?eventid=10422

And if they don't have enough teams in your age level (say you bring a U17 girls team and there are no U17 girls teams) they'll give you the option to take that team and let them play U18 or U19 so they have a full division.

Back