All-Star Forwards Or Backwards Tumbling-which One Do You Prefer And Why?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Forwards or backwards tumbling-which one do you prefer and why?

• Forwards

• Backwards

Results are only viewable after voting.
Backwards. Also I prefer standing tumbling over running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was because in my mind, getting halfway through a back handspring and realising it wouldn't work meant landing on my head or back. While a failboat of a front handspring meant landing on my butt or knees.
(Don't ask why. This is the same brain that was totally cool with lifting another person above my head, but the second I tried to do a back handpsring, it was all "NOPE NOPE NOPE".)
Good point.

I think it was because in my mind, getting halfway through a back handspring and realising it wouldn't work meant landing on my head or back. While a failboat of a front handspring meant landing on my butt or knees.
(Don't ask why. This is the same brain that was totally cool with lifting another person above my head, but the second I tried to do a back handpsring, it was all "NOPE NOPE NOPE".)
Yes!! Same for me. I would balk out of backwards tumbling half way and land on my back or head and knew in front tumbling I wouldn't land like that. So for me it has to be FRONT Tumbling!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The extent of my "front tumbling" was handstand forward rolls for round 2. I don't think I've ever met a skill that I despised as much as that one.

(Fun fact: I wore a metal knee brace and mid handstand-roll I kneed myself in the face and gave myself a cut & bloody nose [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like tumbling sideways as I'm a total pro at the pencil rolls. got my own theme tune and everything *they see me pencil rollin', they hating* ;)

Back