All-Star French Webseries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Tagging @12stepCheermom because I think that's the gym her cp knows people from, so she might want to watch it.

I actually think that they're not too hard to understand, but I definitely have to get used to cheer terms in French. Definitely a great start and I hope that the rest of the series continues like that.

Tagging @12stepCheermom because I think that's the gym her cp knows people from, so she might want to watch it.

I actually think that they're not too hard to understand, but I definitely have to get used to cheer terms in French. Definitely a great start and I hope that the rest of the series continues like that.
It is :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little help for the tumbling terms they use (though most of the time, the video clarifies things right away, but I'm putting it here just in case) :
- Souplesse avant : Front Walkover
- Souplesse arrière : Back Walkover
- Roue : Cartwheel
- Rondade : Round-off
- Flip : BHS
- Avec/sans parade : With/without a spotter
- Salto : Standing Tuck (technically, salto can be used for a wide variety of skills, but the word used on its own usually means standing tuck)
And I believe they use mostly English terminology for jumps and stunts. The also call flyer "Fly" and backspots "Back".

We're looking forward to watching this when we get back to wifi. She knows most of them from her trip over there and was so excited when one of her favorites (Julian) surprised her earlier this year. She had no idea he was coming. I had the video of him walking into the house on my social media and posted it in the parent section (plane got delayed the plan was to surprise her at practice) to surprise her. It was one of the best surprises ever.
6c8e5b7b317f91cf875c0e7f936761e2.jpg

julien is awesome:)
I adore him. He texts me every competition with well wishes and wanting updates on reign and Royal. He's the one who gave my cp14 his CXS jacket last year at worlds because it was also her birthday. She wears it all the time (even though it swallows her). He's so positive with her too.

so after finishing French in the Duolingo app, two weeks ago, after working on it for 2 months, i thought id be able to understand at least some of what was said. i didn't understand squat. just some words here n there lol. listening and understanding natives is a whole other task to learn and work on.

so after finishing French in the Duolingo app, two weeks ago, after working on it for 2 months, i thought id be able to understand at least some of what was said. i didn't understand squat. just some words here n there lol. listening and understanding natives is a whole other task to learn and work on.
Having taken French for a number of years, my problem is that I understand them seconds too late, so by the time I've started processing they're on to something else. I can definitely do numbers quick, but everything else takes a second lol

I'll see if I find some time to translate it, but im pretty busy these days. although French is not my first language (neither is english).

I learned to speak/understand other languages best by going abroad and hanging out with locals. I remember my niece being so proud of her amazing grades for French in school. then we went to paris together and she had to order food but didnt know how since she didnt learn it in her textbook yet. or at least not the meal she wanted. :s

I'll see if I find some time to translate it, but im pretty busy these days. although French is not my first language (neither is english).

I learned to speak/understand other languages best by going abroad and hanging out with locals. I remember my niece being so proud of her amazing grades for French in school. then we went to paris together and she had to order food but didnt know how since she didnt learn it in her textbook yet. or at least not the meal she wanted. :s

I considered doing some kind of translation, but I honestly don't have the time either, until at least April. It would take hours (last year I had to do simple transcripts of twenty minute interviews, no translation or interpretation or anything, and even that took 2 hours each). Besides translating is a really hard thing to do.

So apparently my French has slipped to the point where I can only understand it if it's spoken in a non-French accent :oops: Will definitely be watching and trying to improve though!

Back