High School Fundraising For Hs Cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 4, 2015
What are some effective methods of fundraising?
I heard of the chocolate selling , bake sales and yankee candle sales.
What else can we do?
Thanks in advance!

Also I'm asking some of ya'll to help my high school varsity cheer team out! we desperately need new practice wear and all it takes for us to get it , is for us to get 50+ supporters on this link - MSIT Cheerleading sponsorship - Custom Apparel from CustomInk | Pear
all you have to do is complete the small tasks (liking the page , etc)
PLEASE do this! By doing this , YOU can receive 10$ off YOUR order on customInk

What are some effective methods of fundraising?
I heard of the chocolate selling , bake sales and yankee candle sales.
What else can we do?
Thanks in advance!

Also I'm asking some of ya'll to help my high school varsity cheer team out! we desperately need new practice wear and all it takes for us to get it , is for us to get 50+ supporters on this link - MSIT Cheerleading sponsorship - Custom Apparel from CustomInk | Pear
all you have to do is complete the small tasks (liking the page , etc)
PLEASE do this! By doing this , YOU can receive 10$ off YOUR order on customInk
Setting up concession stands at professional sporting events ( SUPER PROFITABLE)
Running a cheer competition (hard work, takes all the effort you can muster and a lot of time but SUPER PROFITABLE)
Running a cheer camp for little kids.
Tuck for a Buck, Flip for a Tip (people pay your team to stunt and tumble).
There was a clever one that someone posted about that reminded me of Assassins (so make sure you clear this with your local police department): Students at your school will pay you $15 to cover someone's lawn w/ plastic flamingos. People whose houses get 'flamingoed' can pay you $10 remove them, and they can also pay to have you do it to someone else. This is my favorite.

Our competition is our biggest fundraiser. One super easy fundraiser is at Panera. If you have one near by I would highly suggest requesting a fundraiser there. Girls just hand out flyers and ask for receipts and in turn get a part of the profits.

We fundraise a lot. Breakdown of how much we raise on each one;
More than $5000: Sponsors/donations, concessions
More than $1000: Carwashes, Spaghetti Dinners, Kid Camps/Clinics, School dance, Apparel Sales, Pizza sales,
Under $1000: candy sales, pancake breakfasts,
Under $100: spirit nights at restaurants, jump days at trampoline park,

We have yet to ever hold a competition because it just wouldn't work in our area. Many schools have tried and ended up cancelling at the last minute. Make sure it will work for your area and that you pick the right dates!

Concessions are tricky! We live near a large city, so there are professional football teams, hockey teams, racing tracks, concert arenas and lots of college sports teams to work concessions for. If you have someone that can dedicate their time to running the concession fundraiser for you, it works, but its a lot for a coach to take on. Around here there is an age limit, typically no one under 18, occasionally 16. This means it's usually up to the parents and some seniors to work. If alcohol is served, you make more, but then you limit your workers even more. There is a minimum amount of people you have to have every time or you lose your space. There are typically 1 or 2 days worth of training classes, that anyone who may work has to go through. At the end of the day it's profitable, but it is WORK!

Host a competition, hold a father daughter dance or hold a kiddie clinic

• Car washes throughout the summer
  • Bottle drives after a major summer holiday (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day)
  • Spaghetti Dinner and Pancake Breakfast
  • Run concessions (if other sport booster clubs will allow it.. My school is very strict with that)
  • 50/50 raffles at games
  • Host a cheer clinic for young children in the district. Make a fee that is realistic for your area ($10-$50)
  • Panera Bread/Chipolte nights where a % of the purchases that night goes towards your program

This spring my varsity team is going a male beauty paegant. It will be $10 for the boys to get into the comp.. Admission sales.. Bake sale during the show. I did this when I was on student council back in the day and we made a lot of money! It all depends on whether or not the boys in the school will participate. This will be the first year the cheerleaders will run it, so I'm crossing my fingers it's a success! The judge panel is usually a group of "favorite" teachers and school admins.

Last edited:
  • Car washes throughout the summer
  • Bottle drives after a major summer holiday (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day)
  • Spaghetti Dinner and Pancake Breakfast
  • Run concessions (if other sport booster clubs will allow it.. My school is very strict with that)
  • 50/50 raffles at games
  • Host a cheer clinic for young children in the district. Make a fee that is realistic for your area ($10-$50)
  • Panera Bread/Chipolte nights where a % of the purchases that night goes towards your program
This spring my varsity team is going a male beauty paegant. It will be $10 for the boys to get into the comp.. Admission sales.. Bake sale during the show. I did this when I was on student council back in the day and we made a lot of money! It all depends on whether or not the boys in the school will participate. This will be the first year the cheerleaders will run it, so I'm crossing my fingers it's a success! The judge panel is usually a group of "favorite" teachers and school admins.
We did the male beauty pageant in high school! I forgot all about it. It was a huge to do in our town. The dance team ran it so I have no clue the details but it's a lot of fun and something that grows year after year.

We do a cheer clinic for girls up to 8th grade and clear about $3000 each year. We do it after school on a Friday, feed them dinner, and then they cheer with us at the first quarter of the football game. We charge $40 per girl and this gets them the clinic, a tshirt, and dinner.
We're also thinking of doing a parents night out in December one Friday before Christmas to give parents a chance to Christmas shop or wrap. We're thinking dinner, craft, movie, and a mini cheer clinic.

Back