High School Fundraising Ideas That Work

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 13, 2011
I couldn't find another thread about this but if there is sorry for double posting.

I wanted to know what fundraising ideas have worked for people in the past. I want to bring some new fundraisers to this season rather than selling cookie dough or popcorn. :)

This past winter season for the first time we sold valentine's day candy grams and we made about $3oo and it's really easy. We are also going to sell them for halloween this fall. The girls sell them during their lunch shift for about a week with around like 3-5 cheerleaders at a time. Then one day after practice a few stayed and attached a pink heart with the person's name homeroom class room number and short message to a heart shaped lollipop. It took about 2 hours maybe. For halloween we will probably use orange pumpkins.

We are also running a camp this summer for the first time. The current cheer team members will run it for younger girls in local rec programs or anyone interested in trying out for the next season. We aren't sure how well it will turn out and how much money we will end up making, but I'll update this after the camp is held.

I couldn't find another thread about this but if there is sorry for double posting.

I wanted to know what fundraising ideas have worked for people in the past. I want to bring some new fundraisers to this season rather than selling cookie dough or popcorn. :)
Gym or school? Some fundraisers don't work for both. I'd be happy to share if I know which type you are needing! My team fundraises constantly (finished one today actually and start the new one Monday!) I typically don't like doing fundraisers that don't at least bring in $1,000 +. I personally don't feel they are worth the time and effort if they are only a couple of hundred.

Gym or school? Some fundraisers don't work for both. I'd be happy to share if I know which type you are needing! My team fundraises constantly (finished one today actually and start the new one Monday!) I typically don't like doing fundraisers that don't at least bring in $1,000 +. I personally don't feel they are worth the time and effort if they are only a couple of hundred.

It's for a high school team. :)

Carwash! Get a really busy place, like somewhere in your center of town, from like 10am til 3pm on a Saturday, that has many places where you can put hoses in, get some soap from an Auto Store, and like 20 huge sponges, 3 or 4 huge paint buckets and 30 old towels. I suggest the place be some sort of circle or a place with a separate enter and exit.

Make 5 stations
1. Where they pay- Charge $10-$15 dollars (1-2 ppl)
2. Wet the cars with 2-3 hoses (5-6 ppl switching off)
3. Soap up the cars completely with sponges, putting water and soap in each bucket and dipping the sponges in the buckets, and the washing the car (5-6 ppl)
4. Rinse the car completely- get all the soap off, just completely wet it all over with 3-4 hoses (4-5 ppl)
5.Dry the entire car with the towels, when the towels get wet, put them out in the sun to dry, you can switch them every 10 minutes because the sun will dry them out so you can use them again! (6 ppl)

Have the stations ordered so cars can just drive like 10 ft to get to the next one, have 2 or 3 people directing the cars so you can keep things moving, each station should like 30-45 seconds each, keep things going so you can get the maximum amount of people! Have girls standing all around the place where you are doing, like on street corners and all along the sidewalk where you are doing, standing with signs and screaming carwash! Put up signs at all your local businesses and places like that in the week preceding the carwash. If you have a small program, get parents to help out with all of it! If you have a huge program, make a morning shift and afternoon shift, and have parents just running the show! Anyone can get involved- coaches, siblings, grandparents, principals, teachers! It always makes tons of money, just make sure you get it in a REALLY busy but convenient place where you can get lots of hoses and gets lots of cars through!

Good luck, PM if you need any help as I have done these dozens of times!

My high school team also did a car wash. Technically the car wash was free but donations were accepted and everyone that came gave some amount of money. We had our car wash at a McDonalds and we had some of our girls go stand out near the street holding signs. One of our signs said "will flip for a tip" and a lot of people gave money for that! We made $600+

Thanks for the Carwash tips, I've never done one so didn't know how much money they can bring it but we'll def give it a shot and when I start to plan I'll prob PM you guys on setting it up lol :)

This is going to sound sooo dumb but my school made so much money off of it. It was called "Flocked". First we purchased a few dozen of those plastic lawn flamingos. Person A would request that we "flock" persons B house. They would pay $15 and we would sneakily at night place ALL of the flamingos all over Person B's house. Then Person B would have to pay $5 or $10 to get them all removed and they would pay to have someone else's house flocked. It became like a joke in town because no one wanted to be flocked and it was fun to do to your friends and enemies as well since it was anonymous. It was fun for both the cheerleaders and town. We had to talk to the police quickly at first but they didnt have a problem with it at all, since people were paying to have it done, it wasnt vandalizing. We ended up making a ton of money and getting alot of press for it.

Thanks for the Carwash tips, I've never done one so didn't know how much money they can bring it but we'll def give it a shot and when I start to plan I'll prob PM you guys on setting it up lol :)
Absolutely, happy to help. The most money I have ever made off of one was about $1800, which was after I subtracted the money we spent on supplies.
Another great fundraiser is crazy spandex- everyone loves em' and if you find a business that will sell you a couple hundred spanks and sports bras in tons of different designs and sizes, and sell the spanks for $20 each, the sports bras for $25, you'd be amazed at the money you make. Have the girls sell them at lunch, just take the spandex, separate them by size and spanks or bra and put them into cardboard boxes. Label the boxes, have 5 girls from the team do every lunch, and just sell them there. All the girls from your school will be ALL over them, entire teams will come up wanting to buy them. We made $1500 dollars off of that, but you just have to find a quality company that will sell them cheap.

the easiest money we've made was on Pi day (3.14. . ) we lined up r jv and varsity cheer we sat them in a chair and during lunch! we had like this auction who ever had the highest bid pies the cheerleader! and it went on all threw lunch! we made i believe 500$ in 30 mins! all cheerleaders pied haha! so much fun!

This is going to sound sooo dumb but my school made so much money off of it. It was called "Flocked". First we purchased a few dozen of those plastic lawn flamingos. Person A would request that we "flock" persons B house. They would pay $15 and we would sneakily at night place ALL of the flamingos all over Person B's house. Then Person B would have to pay $5 or $10 to get them all removed and they would pay to have someone else's house flocked. It became like a joke in town because no one wanted to be flocked and it was fun to do to your friends and enemies as well since it was anonymous. It was fun for both the cheerleaders and town. We had to talk to the police quickly at first but they didnt have a problem with it at all, since people were paying to have it done, it wasnt vandalizing. We ended up making a ton of money and getting alot of press for it.
I loveeee this idea haha!

I wish we could do that it sounds like so much fun but we are kind of like the city and nobody really has any yards or houses, mostly apartments :(

the easiest money we've made was on Pi day (3.14. . ) we lined up r jv and varsity cheer we sat them in a chair and during lunch! we had like this auction who ever had the highest bid pies the cheerleader! and it went on all threw lunch! we made i believe 500$ in 30 mins! all cheerleaders pied haha! so much fun!

That sounds like fun and I know the kids at the school would love that hahaha

Absolutely, happy to help. The most money I have ever made off of one was about $1800, which was after I subtracted the money we spent on supplies.
Another great fundraiser is crazy spandex- everyone loves em' and if you find a business that will sell you a couple hundred spanks and sports bras in tons of different designs and sizes, and sell the spanks for $20 each, the sports bras for $25, you'd be amazed at the money you make. Have the girls sell them at lunch, just take the spandex, separate them by size and spanks or bra and put them into cardboard boxes. Label the boxes, have 5 girls from the team do every lunch, and just sell them there. All the girls from your school will be ALL over them, entire teams will come up wanting to buy them. We made $1500 dollars off of that, but you just have to find a quality company that will sell them cheap.

I like that idea too! Everyone is coming up with such great things! I'll def have to find a company and try this one out for the fall I think so many people would buy them

Back