High School Fundraising Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 8, 2010
I made UCA All American yesterday at my high school camp and now have the opportunity to London for the New Years Day Parade. The whole cost is around $3000 dollars and I have to have the first payment of $600 in about 2 weeks. I really don't know what to do to fundraise at all for something like this. I'm concerned that no one will want to give money cause its not for a charity or something. Also I need something I can with little help since it'll only be my friend and I, plus our parents.

Congrats! When my oldest sister made all American my parents made the deal that every dollar she made, they'd match. Maybe your parents would be willing to do that to? But anyways, if you live in a smaller town you'd be surprised how willing people are to help each other out. Just go door to door and tell them how much it means to you. Also do you have any special talents? My sister made bracelets and they sold like crazy. Good luck though!

Won't help with the first payment but you could come to kids birthday parties, teach a couple of cheers, jumps. I had a cheer party for my CP when she was little and we had a cheerleader from high school come and teach some of the cheers - the girls LOVED it.

Try making bracelets, necklaces, food and do small gift sales? Or check out fundraising opportunities online, selling candy or other gifts. Make sure to tell people about the trip and the importance of it to you as a cheerleader. You'll be surprised at how many people will give ya a few bucks

Carwashes and Bake sales. You could also give some cheer/tumbling/stunting clinics.. I'm sure having the All-American will impress people and shows that you are a credible cheerleader. You could also send out a notice about your award to family members and friends (like you do for graduation) and see if any of them will send you money for support. Congrats!

Congrats! How about a bracelet fundraiser? Let's do it for your team! Email me

I think, if you're doing it as an individual, rather than a team, a sponsorship letter is a great idea. Type out a form letter stating what you do, the opportunity you have, and how much you wish to raise. Set up a paypal, email the letter or drop it off to ANY businesses that know you - your neighborhood gas station and grocery store, your sports medicine doc, your pediatrician, friends, family, everyone.

Congratulations! I loved getting to say I was an All American, most people didn't know it wasn't super hard to make. But go through your old clothes and sell them! You may not make a ton that way, but you'll need spending money too! Like Mamarazzi said get tons of sponsors. You could also do a yard sale or even see if your school could help you get money donated in some way.

Everyone that tried out on my team made All American last year and we really wanted to go, but the money was due like three days later, it was kind of lame. They should've planned it out better. :(

Thank you guys for all the suggestions and stuff but my parents decided that I put too much on my plate and need to focus on school and actual cheer things plus a job and stuff so unfortunately I wont be going. My friend is still planning on going and fundraising so i'll relay these ideas to her:)

We did a thing called the "Rummage Sale" Basically, just ask all the girls to get anything they dont want anymore! the moore the merrier:) And put signs everywhere and put it in a popular location! It was really fun and we made moneyyy:)

We have a great new option for raising funds to cover the cost of Cheer Expenses. Its called Pretty Please by Perfectly Posh. Moms and daughters can actually work side by side selling a product everyone uses anyway! Bath and Body Care products! This is actually your own business that you can grow and create a real ongoing income!

Girls 16 and up can become a Pretty Please Rep, or if you are younger, a parent can join on your behalf! These products are also much safer than what you find at Bath and Body Stores, as they are made without harmful chemicals! We also have a cool Mobile App for teens to take orders from! Check it out by visiting this site and if you have any questions feel free to contact me. www.1Posh.com (click on Pretty Please).

292341_174634192668657_2038696431_n.jpg

552723_174196049379138_1707390584_n.jpg

Back