OT Future Nurses/current Nurses

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Anyone have any tips for A&P I and II? I'm taking I right now and just had my first exam tuesday....tips on how you studied would be super helpful :)

Do you school have a contract with the SAM program for A&P? If so use it, it helped alot.

Do you school have a contract with the SAM program for A&P? If so use it, it helped alot.
I rewrite my notes, making sure to read each point before I rewrite them. Also as I go along I make cards for terms. Also does your text have any electronic features such as quizzes and crooswords. Those are always helpful to see what you need to work on.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Fierce Board mobile app

So funny to come across this thread.. I am in an accelerated program at VCU/MCV in Richmond VA. I will graduate in December. I currently work as a care partner on the trauma surgery unit, and I can't wait for a career! I have no idea what floor id like to be on. Good luck to everyone!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I rewrite my notes, making sure to read each point before I rewrite them. Also as I go along I make cards for terms. Also does your text have any electronic features such as quizzes and crooswords. Those are always helpful to see what you need to work on.

Fortunately Im done with both A&P lectures and labs. ;)

Does anyone have any tips on studying the neural tissue, spinal nerves/cranial nerves and anatomy of the brain??? It's kicking my butt right now and I'm doubting myself :(

Does anyone have any tips on studying the neural tissue, spinal nerves/cranial nerves and anatomy of the brain??? It's kicking my butt right now and I'm doubting myself :(

When it came to the cranial nerves I had to come up with an acronym to remember all of them and if they were considered sensory,motor, or both.

Once you get into your core nursing classes I would highly recommend getting the books by lippincott called "Made incredibly easy". They have one for majority of your classes like med surge, pharm, Peds, etc. That book especially helped me when it came to learning how to read an EKG strip.

Not just the nerves, but every single thing I ever study, I make up crazy ways to remember them. For example, since the vagus nerve is the 10th nerve, and Las Vegas is awesome, I remember it as "Going to Vegas is a 10!" :confused: I know... Silly. But I swear it works every time. Same for location (eg the accessory nerve looks a little like an earring where it is... Voila. Accessory.)

The trigeminal nerve is five, or "V". A V is like a triangle. TRIangle... TRIgeminal.

You have to make up your own that you'll remember, but it works for everything. I try to keep everything I have to remember in the same theme (all my vagus nerve facts are Las Vegas themed). Every little thing I need to know gets tied into the Vegas idea, so that no matter what they ask I'm ready.

Don't know if this helps, but for classes that require tons of memory it really helped me. I got a 100 on my nerves test.

Not just the nerves, but every single thing I ever study, I make up crazy ways to remember them. For example, since the vagus nerve is the 10th nerve, and Las Vegas is awesome, I remember it as "Going to Vegas is a 10!" :confused: I know... Silly. But I swear it works every time. Same for location (eg the accessory nerve looks a little like an earring where it is... Voila. Accessory.)

The trigeminal nerve is five, or "V". A V is like a triangle. TRIangle... TRIgeminal.

You have to make up your own that you'll remember, but it works for everything. I try to keep everything I have to remember in the same theme (all my vagus nerve facts are Las Vegas themed). Every little thing I need to know gets tied into the Vegas idea, so that no matter what they ask I'm ready.

Don't know if this helps, but for classes that require tons of memory it really helped me. I got a 100 on my nerves test.

This is exactly what I do. Btw..got a 94 on my first A&P exam and a 100 on the lab practical. So happy. First exams in 24 years.

This is exactly what I do. Btw..got a 94 on my first A&P exam and a 100 on the lab practical. So happy. First exams in 24 years.

Ok y'all can come down to Dallas and take my exam for me :) Lol thanks for the tips though!! It'll reallly help!

I'm a psychology major in a Human Sexuality class and according to some nursing majors in my class, it's extremely similar to A&P. Bless all your souls because that class is seriously so hard. The lectures in class are completely irrelevant to everything we're tested over, which is annoying. There is no way I could that class twice.

I'm a psychology major in a Human Sexuality class and according to some nursing majors in my class, it's extremely similar to A&P. Bless all your souls because that class is seriously so hard. The lectures in class are completely irrelevant to everything we're tested over, which is annoying. There is no way I could that class twice.

Sorry to hear your professor doesn't feel it necessary to lecture on what's relevant to testing. What has been so helpful for me is being able to access the power point before the lecture.

Back