All-Star Gabi Butler...did I Miss Something?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think if parents can make it happen then more power to them. Every child deserves to be happy and to be somewhere that they can grow and feel at home. Some kids are lucky in that they get what they need at a gym close to home, others have to travel. I drive a little over an hour, and while its not a big deal to all of you, it's a big deal to the people I know here.

Remember that we are only living our lives, try not to judge people when you don't walk in their day to day life.

That thread is also locked. The news is now official and not just rumors on twitter, so I'm not sure why at this point we can't discuss it.
When she first started the thread she asked a question that was already answered several times...if she had asked what are your thoughts? I guess I dont understand asking a question that you already know the answer to..

i have a question... and i'll probably get crucified for asking as it involves a minor. and really, the answer makes no difference in my life, but ya know, curiosity killed the cat.

when trinity released that video introducing the team, i noticed gabi's little sister was also on the team. i doubt smoed just got rid of two flyers and with all the drama surrounding this situation, i don't see trinity being the most friendly/welcoming place for her. is she now on another cali team? or back in florida? again, don't yell at me please :help: i'd just hate to see this situation ruin an awesome athlete's entire season and leave her without a cheer home.

either way, best of luck to the entire butler family! hope they have a happy and healthy season :)

i have a question... and i'll probably get crucified for asking as it involves a minor. and really, the answer makes no difference in my life, but ya know, curiosity killed the cat.

when trinity released that video introducing the team, i noticed gabi's little sister was also on the team. i doubt smoed just got rid of two flyers and with all the drama surrounding this situation, i don't see trinity being the most friendly/welcoming place for her. is she now on another cali team? or back in florida? again, don't yell at me please :help: i'd just hate to see this situation ruin an awesome athlete's entire season and leave her without a cheer home.

either way, best of luck to the entire butler family! hope they have a happy and healthy season :)

Seriously?

I'm really sorry, but I just have to say it...

I really appreciate Gabi as an athlete and don't mind the fame she's acquired with her stretching videos and performance on Top Gun last season, but I am not liking all this glamorized publicity over dare I say the gym hopping. Gym Hopping is a huge and sensitive issue for a lot of people/programs, and it's crazy to me that this whole scenario keeps developing. I mean, all the more power to her being able to move from Fl--> Ga---> Ca taking the best option she can as she goes along, but I just don't agree with such a high profile athlete publicly advocating all these crazy moves. Call me a hater because I can't just fly all over the country and cheer/coach at whatever famous gym/team has room, but I can't with all of this.

I'm sure she'll be fierce in between those two little blonde girls on Smoed, but I'm hoping that we at least make it to Worlds 2013 b4 I hear her name paired w/ another team.

I really appreciate Gabi as an athlete and don't mind the fame she's acquired with her stretching videos and performance on Top Gun last season, but I am not liking all this glamorized publicity over dare I say the gym hopping. Gym Hopping is a huge and sensitive issue for a lot of people/programs, and it's crazy to me that this whole scenario keeps developing. I mean, all the more power to her being able to move from Fl--> Ga---> Ca taking the best option she can as she goes along, but I just don't agree with such a high profile athlete publicly advocating all these crazy moves. Call me a hater because I can't just fly all over the country and cheer/coach at whatever famous gym/team has room, but I can't with all of this.

I'm sure she'll be fierce in between those two little blonde girls on Smoed, but I'm hoping that we at least make it to Worlds 2013 b4 I hear her name paired w/ another team.

tumblr_m70on0k9g51qzbl7f.gif

I have to agree with you.. I'm happy for Gabi that she has this opportunity, and I'm sure there is more to this situation that any of us know, but I guess my personal stance against 'gym hopping' is influencing how I feel about this

yea but it wasnt a very descriptive title. Who would guess a Must Read title would be about gabie butler...

Must Read was about Trinity/the high school team. "Major Cheer news" or something of that sort was about Gabi ;)

The best of luck to Gabi and yes pls keep Addison, Royce and Miguel in prayer.

On another note, it's not that uncommon for athletes to cheer out of state. I just saw a friend this weekend who lives several states over, with a child cheering at CA on Panthers. You go girl!!!
Not uncommon at all, I believe I know who you're referring to. Hey, if you have the means then go for it. Good luck to Gabi & her family!!!

I have to agree with you.. I'm happy for Gabi that she has this opportunity, and I'm sure there is more to this situation that any of us know, but I guess my personal stance against 'gym hopping' is influencing how I feel about this
If she went to Trinity, ACE, Stingrays and GA then maybe I'd call her a gym hopper. I guess since I know girls who've been at 5 different gyms in the past 4 seasons, I have a different definition of it. I never had to switch gyms but I'm assuming it's a very complicated emotional decision unless you're really just trying every gym in the area.

Back