All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I didn't mean to call anyone out or make anyone feel bad for not knowing who Jamie Parrish is! I'm sorry if it came out that way. I just have tons of friends that cheered for him and were choreographed by him. He's good friends with my gym owner and went to my college, so I guess he was just very involved in my cheer career even though I was never actually coached by him, haha

And the though of these social media cheerleb armies going to war for their favorite cheerleb proclaiming "WHO EVEN IS JP ANYWAY" made me realize just how much cheer has changed.

:georgia::georgia::georgia: is all I have to say about that :p
Well I know who JP is and cp has even met him and had a great time I'm doing so. The freebies he got may have helped.

**spy games, let the fun begin**

Wait, which Pope are we talking about here?

309571a98d54cdb35f2f6c15e119cb55.jpg

Or

f4a6510c842ed0b1c5f57c8b622a3a77.jpg
#youknowyoureafierceboarderif

I didn't mean to call anyone out or make anyone feel bad for not knowing who Jamie Parrish is! I'm sorry if it came out that way. I just have tons of friends that cheered for him and were choreographed by him. He's good friends with my gym owner and went to my college, so I guess he was just very involved in my cheer career even though I was never actually coached by him, haha

And the though of these social media cheerleb armies going to war for their favorite cheerleb proclaiming "WHO EVEN IS JP ANYWAY" made me realize just how much cheer has changed.

:georgia::georgia::georgia: is all I have to say about that :p
#todayscheerleaderswillneverknow

his response was severe. Regardless of whether you believe he is genuinely advocating for gym owner safety or that he is just simply annoyed with "cheerlebrities", he stooped to a level to which he never should have gone. However, no experienced coach or industry leader worth a grain of salt is jealous of you, your pretty face, or your success. I've seen these phrases flung around social media over the last 24 hours and I can't help but cringe.

there is not a single Worlds medal hanging around your neck that is a more valuable teaching tool than coaching experience and life experience. Just because you worked your butt off in school for 12 years doesn't mean you can become a teacher when you're 18. Respect comes with an education (in school or in life), and it comes with paying your dues, starting at the bottom, and working your way up the totem pole the same way your coaches and thousands of others in this industry have done before you. That's the REALITY of life in this industry and in every industry. If improving this industry and its image really is your mission, then you may not understand that it would most likely improve and be taken more seriously if it weren't so driven by fame and celebrity status, which is the image you are perpetuating by selling your image and status as a service. You're all amazing cheerleaders, there's no question, and I know you all have so, so much to give. But if you want respect from your elders in this industry, take a seat for a hot minute, get some real life experience, coach for at least five years, maybe even win some titles, then try this again. I'm certain the industry will then welcome you with open arms and you'll be able to make a true impact.
Yes to all of this! JP was a little childish with the way he went about it( I could have done without the hashtags) but if you want to be respected, be the bigger person and ignore it-as hard as it might be. Especially when you're young and people are already expecting you to overreact and throw a tantrum. You can't want to be treated as an adult one day and then pull the kid card when life isn't sunshine and rainbows. If you want to be treated as a peer, be prepared for the good and the bad that comes from it.

Stay true to your word. Don't say people are ruining it by making it an entertainment industry and then put out a music video. Don't say we need to respect everyone and then say that you need to be respected specifically because you're a world champion. Well what about the athlete that never makes it out of level 4? They don't deserve respect? And what about the people that gave you the routines that helped you win those medals...people like JP. Be careful of the bridges you burn.

Also for the love of god, STOP using CAPS every OTHER word.

Eta:edited OP to save space

Last edited:
The hospital I work for has a team that monitor employees social media if you state you work there in your profile. One guy posted how boring orientation was and someone walked in and told him he was excused to leave and not come back. Be careful with you say and how you say it.
When former cp got into a college program that she completely did not expect to, she tweeted "OMFG (insert school) Class of 2019". The school messaged her within 5 seconds of her post and asked her to please take out the OMFG so they could retweet her.

Money will never be my motivation with what I do. I had an ENTIRE team of girls at my last camp come up to me on the last day and tell me the impact I made on their body image. I'm not a little girl, I'm a base and I weigh roughly about 140 pounds, but I am strong. This team told me how I taught them strong was beautiful and that its okay to not be a teeny little top girl. I cried. Doing something for the kids and making that impact means more than a million dollars.
This is beautiful. This is why I want to continue in this industry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have to second this and add that , as great as it is that all these american coaches and choreographers are coming over here to ''help the sport grow'' , we would never be able to afford any of them because it's just too expensive. The amount of money that teams are supposed to pay to have them at their gym is just not feasible in most of Europe. And if i bring someone in, i wanna have him to myself, meaning exclusively coaching my Team, not sharing 5 instructors with 15 other teams.

Agree with you even though uk cheer is more Americanised than most european cheer not a lot of team can afford to have clinics with top US coaches. There is a clinic that coventry dynamites IOC5 team is running at not too much expense and thinking of going as a lot of the team are qualified coaches and coach the lower levels. I spoke to one of their coaches who is a flyer and she was really nice to me and gave me advice to to give to my team even though we were in direct competition. I was just upset that my coach didn't want to hear the advice as it helped a lot.
My point is good coaches to help the sport grow in whatever do not need to come from the US and have to pay vast expense (SMOED camp is £85 cov's is £28). Sometimes the best way to make a sport grow in your own country in the more successful team giving advice to the smaller gyms so there will be healthy competition

Money will never be my motivation with what I do. I had an ENTIRE team of girls at my last camp come up to me on the last day and tell me the impact I made on their body image. I'm not a little girl, I'm a base and I weigh roughly about 140 pounds, but I am strong. This team told me how I taught them strong was beautiful and that its okay to not be a teeny little top girl. I cried. Doing something for the kids and making that impact means more than a million dollars.

That's what it's all about! Good for you :)

I totally agree that you need to stay off the negativity bandwagon as a business owner but is anyone surprised? No offence to Robert and Gabi but they're both still young and they've both seen some of their own role models say whatever they want on social media and get away with it. We all know that certain E and O have gone on Twitter before and haven't been exactly nice sometimes in regards to competitions and such. JP didn't act right either and he doesn't have an excuse, not that Robert or Gabi do either, but if I was still a bit younger and I saw people I looked up to acting a certain way I'd think it was ok too.

@yooolizzi that's what it's all about! Totally agreed!! I have been coaching for 7 years and I've been both a base and flyer and I always stress to my girls that it doesn't matter what role you have because they're all equally important. I have some flyers that aren't that flexible and I have a few bases that are so flexible that they help properly stretch the flyers lol not about the stunt position for sure! [emoji106]

I'll just say these:

Don't overreact just because someone posted something "offensive"

If you're hurt with what was posted, do not comment back because it will only get worse. You know where you stand. Instead, put your head down and work you butt off to prove those people wrong so that they shut their mouths off themselves

...I did not come on fierceboard tonight to cry. I had my tear ducts removed 6 years ago for this exact reason.

Love him or hate him, JP was the man 'giving you life' via choreo for a good chunk of Allstar Cheer's existence. Sit down, children :p

But seriously- @Cheerfan1234 @Just-a-Mom and @12stepCheermom said everything I could have ever wanted to say. Either you're in a 'clinic' for the famousness of it and as a draw to get people together, or you're COACHING athletes and should behave as such- properly certified, insured, and prepared. The moment you spot someone and they happen to land wrong, you are SCREWED and you can bet your bottom dollar that they will come after you for whatever you've got, especially if your ducks aren't in a row.

On my side of life- I don't care how many Emmys you've won, if you can't teach me and help me grow as an actor it doesn't matter how much money I throw at you. You're useless to me. As I found out at my voiceover intensive on Wed night- doesn't matter how many years you've been in an industry, your veteran status doesn't mean you are properly able to impart skills/knowledge.

Back