All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There is NEVER a reason to attack someone, especially in business, with foul language. If you cannot communicate rationally and respectfully, you need to stay off of social media/communication devices until you can gather your control. Period. These rules should apply at any age. My point was that a MUCH OLDER ADULT (who ABSOLUTELY should know better) did this to a minor. And just for the record, if it were my daughter and she was 21 or 25, I would still feel the exact same way. Period.
I got that on your first go-round, but social media has proven time and time again, that many adults and children don't communicate rationally and respectfully. So expecting these people to "follow the rules" and stay off of social media/communication devices until they can gather their control, will never happen. Period.

Nice thought though. And quite a shame, but social media will never be a Utopian society. You have to have a thick skin if you put yourself out there.

I did not say anyone "condoned" it, but that I was "saddened/appalled/surprised by the amount of people not 'bothered'...". As you can see from my message, I did think about the things he mentioned, but my whole point was that the messenger/delivery was uncalled for by ANYONE but especially by a MUCH OLDER ADULT. Situations like this can be avoided , if people could just use a little common courtesy, realize the impact of social media, and use the 24 hour (12 hour) rule before posting.

There is NEVER a reason to attack someone, especially in business, with foul language. If you cannot communicate rationally and respectfully, you need to stay off of social media/communication devices until you can gather your control. Period. These rules should apply at any age. My point was that a MUCH OLDER ADULT (who ABSOLUTELY should know better) did this to a minor. And just for the record, if it were my daughter and she was 21 or 25, I would still feel the exact same way. Period.

I think you came across wonderfully and mature! :)

Thank you very much, I really appreciate that! While I absolutely do not condone what he said and I don't agree with the fact that people who are slightly more well known in the cheer world running clinics is ruining the industry, I do think that we could positively address the aspect of safety and insurance of these clinics and hopefully push towards a solution that makes the "cheerlebrities" a little more qualified for safety and insurance reasons, while still allowing them to run clinics. That way everyone is happier and the industry runs a little more smoothly.

So is she a business owner and a coach, like you know, teaching others cheer skills and being paid for it. Or, is she just a child? I'm not sure, but it appears that its supposed to be both? I dont think it works that way.

Right now, she has clinics at various gyms and I could understand if this was a thread about her clinics and comments about how they are run and if they are safe, that's fair game IMO. But, this is about a gym that hasn't opened yet, and most of the comments here and on Twitter are geared at her ability, or in most cases , inability to run it.

My neighbor just announced she is 8 weeks pregnant and she's 41. Should I put it in the neighborhood blog and start a discussion on how I think she's too old and take bets on her baby being special needs? Same thought process, I just upped the insensitivity level several notches.

@Tator tots I've seen a lot of thought processes and laws change throughout the years. Some things should not be accepted for "reality" just because they have always been that way. Social media is still fairly new and laws haven't caught up but, just because people can get away with being malicious on social media, doesn't mean we shouldn't call them out for being the A$$e$ they truly are.

Right now, she has clinics at various gyms and I could understand if this was a thread about her clinics and comments about how they are run and if they are safe, that's fair game IMO. But, this is about a gym that hasn't opened yet, and most of the comments here and on Twitter are geared at her ability, or in most cases , inability to run it.

My neighbor just announced she is 8 weeks pregnant and she's 41. Should I put it in the neighborhood blog and start a discussion on how I think she's too old and take bets on her baby being special needs? Same thought process, I just upped the insensitivity level several notches.

@Tator tots I've seen a lot of thought processes and laws change throughout the years. Some things should not be accepted for "reality" just because they have always been that way. Social media is still fairly new and laws haven't caught up but, just because people can get away with being malicious on social media, doesn't mean we shouldn't call them out for being the A$$e$ they truly are.
You can call them out all you want, scream it from the rooftops! But demanding people just stay off social media and follow rules until they can control themselves, isn't happening any time soon....

And when the laws do catch up, I don't think calling someone a "punkarse" is going to be on the top of the list for prosecution.

Tougher skins for now. Learn how to deal with criticism and fasten your seat belts....it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Last edited:
You can call them out all you want, scream it from the rooftops! But demanding people just stay off social media and follow rules until they can control themselves, isn't happening any time soon....

And when the laws do catch up, I don't think calling someone a "punkarse" is going to be on the list for prosecution.

Tougher skins for now. Learn how to deal with criticism and put your seatbelts on....it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

No one said to demand people stay off social media. Calling someone out for being an "a$$" when they're being malicious does not require prosecution. No doubt, all of our kids are taught they need to have "tough skins". When do we start teaching them, and ourselves, to quit being jerks? "Rape happens, toughen up." No one would hesitate to set that person in their place.

This isn't a review on her past work performance, which would be fine but, this is a verbal attack on a person and a business before the place is even open . If that's okay with you, then I will have to agree to disagree.

I have to walk away from this thread. Some of these comparisons and suggestions are just absolutely painful. Equating rape culture with what's happening here is quite frankly horrendous.

We all, EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS THREAD at least as far as I've seen, agree that the words JP used were inappropriate. No matter his feelings, he should NOT have spoken in such a way. The root of his message (about cheerlebrity clinics being potentially unsafe due to the lack of certification since these are typically KIDS not COACHES) is definitely a cause for concern now that they've reached the level of popularity they have. We're not torching and pitchforking because there is a young adult who is insisting on acting and being treated as an adult/business woman. With that does come some criticism and concern, PARTICULARLY due to the massive amount of responsibility and undertaking that this particular venture requires. She's not selling bows or designing a site or something, these are 16 and 17 year old YAs looking to be responsible for the health and safety of other people. If you think bad things aren't said to companies/people all the time, just read the #AskELJames tag on twitter.

This is like a 17 year old saying 'I'm going to create my own airliner/business and fly a small jet that I just got my license on a couple months ago.' Are you REALLY gonna wanna be the first one buying tickets?

I hope any comments that I have made have not come across as questioning Gabi or anyone else's ability to run clinics, etc. She along with many of these athletes are perfectly capable of doing so I was only just commenting like you said on the possibility of finding a way to "qualify" these athletes in order to ensure that the clinics they run are not met with any insurance or safety problems that could put them into difficulties. I did not intend to make it look like I was questioning their ability and it is honestly fair game to these athletes whether they open gyms or not as they have a lot more knowledge and experience than I surely have. However if athletes like Gabi were to switch to coaching under the age of 18, they would only be able to do level 1 and 2 qualifications for the moment due to various guidelines set out by credential giving companies. I may sound like another boring safety freak but I'm only trying to advocate the view of making the sport as safe as it can be, while keeping it in a manner that everyone can benefit from. Sorry again if I have come across in a manner that I did not intend.

I can't believe I'm saying this....

@Cheer Dad your services are needed here. Bring in the ugly puppies.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No one said to demand people stay off social media. Calling someone out for being an "a$$" when they're being malicious does not require prosecution. No doubt, all of our kids are taught they need to have "tough skins". When do we start teaching them, and ourselves, to quit being jerks? "Rape happens, toughen up." No one would hesitate to set that person in their place.

This isn't a review on her past work performance, which would be fine but, this is a verbal attack on a person and a business before the place is even open . If that's okay with you, then I will have to agree to disagree.
RAPE?????????

This is what I'm talking about.....comparing it to rape? Ridiculous....

He acted like an a$$. That's about it. She handled it fine. Some are blowing this thing way out of proportion.

Last edited:
@TealArmySparkle my comments weren't directed to anyone in particular, I'm as guilty as the next person. I've seen a plethora of mean comments out on social media lately, I guess I felt like this was as good as time as any to ask us why we, myself included, accept it?

If you think bad things aren't said to companies/people all the time, just read the #AskELJames tag on twitter.

This is like a 17 year old saying 'I'm going to create my own airliner/business and fly a small jet that I just got my license on a couple months ago.' Are you REALLY gonna wanna be the first one buying tickets?

Perhaps I missed where her business was actually open, its name, and where people had actually had a bad experience. And, while I took the comment about rape to the extreme (and said so) everyone, including yourself, knows what point I was trying to make. It's not acceptable, and this nonsense shouldn't be either. Stop with the over the top drama to defend bad behavior.

As to your last question, who said she's flying the jet by herself? I didn't see that anywhere in this thread where she is a one woman show. She's opening a business, and yes, I would give it consideration if I lived in the area and capable and trained people are employed.....but, we don't know that yet, do we?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

**Oops, posted in the wrong thread**

Back