All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I tried to post this last night . but the website crashed so I couldn't, but the text was still here this morning so I will.

Totally random memory- but I read the first book in the Twilight series during Hurricane Sandy by candlelight. I really enjoyed it and couldn't wait to get into the second book; but, I couldn't download it since our cable was out for three weeks, and I couldn't drive to a bookstore because of the gas rationing and trees down everywhere. I couldn't even order it and have it delivered because neither UPS or the Post Office was delivering.

In this world of instant gratification, the struggle was real -lol!

That wasn't directed towards the HP convo but in the discussion of allegories in general lol. Anything in the realm of the arts is a comment on something seeing as art itself is expression. It's not surprising that you can find a meaning in things. Even multiple meanings in one thing. Do you know how many Rugrats allegories I've read over the years?

You're right though and HP is an allegory of a lot of things, some theorized and some confirmed by JKR herself. She's mentioned that it was also a comment on world issues like hierarchy, bigotry, purity, war, racism, ethnic cleansing, etc. (But those issues are largely ignored by those people wanting to ban HP because of the witchcraft when those issues seem to be the outcome of events done in the name of Christianity and other large groups of religion.)

This has been a learning experience to read through... I had to google what smut meant, and I've never heard of or read any fanfiction.

I need to get out of the gym more I guess. I live under a cheerleading rock.
There's a whole lexicon for fanfiction. Some words/acronyms have since crossed over into the mainstream, like OTP and 'ship.

Christians wanting to ban Harry Potter for witchcraft is hilarious, because it's like the Halloween witchcraft and not witchcraft-witchcraft. But witchcraft-witchcraft is really interesting anyway so leave them alone.

I read the entire HP series in 3 days...when I was 27. I was recovering from shoulder surgery, and only had 1 workable arm so what else was there to do? I've never read twilight or seen the movies, I have no interest. I read all 3 Hunger Games in 1 day. Being a fast reader is not fun haha.

@SL&AM A Child Called It and the successive books were an emotionally draining read. I can imagine why your teacher felt the way she did. I made my mom and sister read them after I did.

Reminds me of the somewhat meta Supernatural episode where Sam and Dean discover there's an author who writes a series of books called "Supernatural" and basically each book chronicles their demon hunting word for word as it happened for them (but the books are supposedly fiction). There's a lot of talk about the fans who read the books and how they write their own fan fiction. Sam goes on a FF website, reads some of the titles and character ships and turns to Dean saying "they do know we're brothers, right?". It was a perfection commentary on the bizarre world of fan fiction.
I'm watching this episode right now lol. I was changing channels and came across supernatural. Then to my luck it was the episode you talked about.

Eta: okay I actually watched "The Real Ghostbusters." Still funny though. At the end of the "Supernatural" comic book convention the two fans that play Sam and Dean turn out to be "partners." Lol.

Eta 2: I got smallville and supernatural mixed up. So I was confused as to why lex Luther and Clark were demon hunters. And brothers.

Last edited:
Sort of back to the subject of this thread, how do gyms get picked for this? Do the people running the clinics contact the gyms and ask if they can do a stop there? Or do the gyms reach out to the clinic people? @cupieqt you just had Gabi at your gym. How did this work?

Sort of back to the subject of this thread, how do gyms get picked for this? Do the people running the clinics contact the gyms and ask if they can do a stop there? Or do the gyms reach out to the clinic people? @cupieqt you just had Gabi at your gym. How did this work?
Usually the gym owner contacts the group, I believe. There's an email to inquire about scheduling. They select a mutually convenient day and go from there.

I see your confessions, and raise you points for honesty. I'll admit, the Twilight fandom was like my own personal floatation device after I had my youngest (severe, severe depression) and they were always there. I probably read more in the year after non-CP was born than I had in the few years prior so I was thankful for it reminding me why I loved to read---even if some of it was terrible and downright insanity. Slasher stuff has never been my favorite, but I did write one once...but that is neither here nor there.

I have a similar story to tell actually. I found fanfiction wheni was at my lowest. I have, as you may o may not know, a self harming problem (no cutting though but selfharming in other ways and forms) and fanfiction is one of my ways to cope. Yes some are just down right insane and crazy.. i do prefer slash over other forms mostlybecause of me being LGBTQ myself. (I know i missed some letters..) and it was a way also for me to find myself more happy with who i am. I do write too but i suck as a writer so i mostly read. Hoping you are better from your depression and i know how it feels.

I have a similar story to tell actually. I found fanfiction wheni was at my lowest. I have, as you may o may not know, a self harming problem (no cutting though but selfharming in other ways and forms) and fanfiction is one of my ways to cope. Yes some are just down right insane and crazy.. i do prefer slash over other forms mostlybecause of me being LGBTQ myself. (I know i missed some letters..) and it was a way also for me to find myself more happy with who i am. I do write too but i suck as a writer so i mostly read. Hoping you are better from your depression and i know how it feels.

(((HUGS)))

Does anyone remember the lady who claimed that Monster was a Satanic drink?

Yup!

@SL&AM A Child Called It and the successive books were an emotionally draining read. I can imagine why your teacher felt the way she did. I made my mom and sister read them after I did.

I agree. Deep down, I think I knew she'd be made at me but I was 16 and it was the only stuff I was reading that I was allowed to use. She veto'd the college textbooks I was reading that year---all psychology based, or I would have had more options.

I tried to post this last night . but the website crashed so I couldn't, but the text was still here this morning so I will.

Totally random memory- but I read the first book in the Twilight series during Hurricane Sandy by candlelight. I really enjoyed it and couldn't wait to get into the second book; but, I couldn't download it since our cable was out for three weeks, and I couldn't drive to a bookstore because of the gas rationing and trees down everywhere. I couldn't even order it and have it delivered because neither UPS or the Post Office was delivering.

In this world of instant gratification, the struggle was real -lol!

Bwahahahahaha! We lived in Germany so I had to wait a week for the mail to deliver it. However, I found a forum where someone wrote out each book word for word; including Midnight Sun, so I 'read it' while my books were in transit.

The high quality production level of this video just adds to the already entertaining subject matter. Loved the Post-It Note introduction.

LOL It's Trendy; though I do think she appears high.

Back