All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has Halo Elite Competed?

I thought they did, but could be wrong. It looks like her gym is still up and running. Appears she started small and will slowly build/grow her gym. Def. correct me if I am wrong. I am just going by social media post that I have seen (sometimes they are misleading).

Last edited:
And again I disagree.
She has a duty of care to provide the right kind of training. Say I have a dream to start a personal training business, but I have no training or experience in fitness. I could be potentially putting people at risk; if someone got hurt attempting a skill, the responsibility would fall on me, not the people who joined my gym.

I do understand that my opinion probably isn't a popular one.

I don't think your opinion is least popular, I think you've simply stated it best so why kill the horse?

*What did we even do before the invention of Google?*

I haven't taken the time to read the whole thread, but Angel's gym Halo Elite seems to be doing well. Wonder what she did different, that has helped her gym be successful.

I know nothing about Angel's gym, but if they are successful I'd say her mom has a lot to do with that. Her mom has been a part of this industry for years and has the experience to know what works and what doesn't work. That experience is what Gabi's dream was missing.

But I've seen nothing of the gym so they could be doing just as poorly. I hope they're not, though.

And again I disagree.
She has a duty of care to provide the right kind of training. Say I have a dream to start a personal training business, but I have no training or experience in fitness. I could be potentially putting people at risk; if someone got hurt attempting a skill, the responsibility would fall on me, not the people who joined my gym.
In her opinion, she did provide the right kind of training. Just as so many gyms in this country think they are doing. That team was no more "dangerous/tragic/ill prepared" than the other 25+ teams we will see in 2 weeks at Day 1 of Worlds. In her opinion/mind she was doing her best in the situation. That doesn't mean it is the best in my/your/other people's opinions. Everyone who went to the gym to work with her or be on the team knew she was a 17 year old girl who had really never coached a World's team or opened a gym before. I wish it had worked out better for her and the team...I LOVE a good underdog. I stand by my earlier idea that it is up to parents/athletes to do their research and pick a program that works for them. They knew what they were getting into when they signed up and need to take some responsibility for their own decisions. This happens all over the country not just at this gym.

In her opinion, she did provide the right kind of training. Just as so many gyms in this country think they are doing. That team was no more "dangerous/tragic/ill prepared" than the other 25+ teams we will see in 2 weeks at Day 1 of Worlds.In her opinion/mind she was doing her best in the situation. That doesn't mean it is the best in my/your/other people's opinions. Everyone who went to the gym to work with her or be on the team knew she was a 17 year old girl who had really never coached a World's team or opened a gym before. I wish it had worked out better for her and the team...I LOVE a good underdog. I stand by my earlier idea that it is up to parents/athletes to do their research and pick a program that works for them. They knew what they were getting into when they signed up and need to take some responsibility for their own decisions. This happens all over the country not just at this gym.
Disturbingly true.

In her opinion, she did provide the right kind of training. Just as so many gyms in this country think they are doing. That team was no more "dangerous/tragic/ill prepared" than the other 25+ teams we will see in 2 weeks at Day 1 of Worlds. In her opinion/mind she was doing her best in the situation. That doesn't mean it is the best in my/your/other people's opinions. Everyone who went to the gym to work with her or be on the team knew she was a 17 year old girl who had really never coached a World's team or opened a gym before. I wish it had worked out better for her and the team...I LOVE a good underdog. I stand by my earlier idea that it is up to parents/athletes to do their research and pick a program that works for them. They knew what they were getting into when they signed up and need to take some responsibility for their own decisions. This happens all over the country not just at this gym.

Agreed, and from what I read, this was about her opening a business and creating a level 5 team. Did she find a gym to practice at? Did she find a qualified coach to coach them? Did she advertise effectively? Did she find qualified athletes? Was music provided? Was choreography provided? Was enough practice time designated? Were uniforms designed? Did they receive them on time? Did she pay competition fees? Did her clients pay on time? Were her coach and lease paid on time? Were all contract obligations met? When it comes to the team itself, there are many factors that come into play. Was it the right coach for the job? Did they have enough practice time? Did all of the athletes come to every practice? Did the athletes give 100%? Did they condition outside of practice? Did they have good team chemistry? Were the parents committed?

Business wise, she got a team to NCA, and no matter the age, that's a huge accomplishment. While it was obviously not a great performance, everyone on this board knows that team was hardly the first, nor the last team, to be ill prepared in February.....or, as you said, even World's.

AHAHAHA. Plus despite their lack of preparedness, Lionheart had cleaner tumbling than tons of the teams we see in prelims.
That's one of the reasons I don't watch a lot of prelims. As a parent, I see these athletes as someone's kids and I get anxious worrying about their safety. It gets to the point, that I am just praying they get through the routine and no one gets hurt.

Dangerous teams at prelims are a sign that there are too many bids out there.
They recently cut tons in the past years!wonder if they will do it again...
it makes me sad for talented teams out there who peak too late or go through challenges (injuries, ppl quitting, illness) that barely miss a bid &&& should be on that mat over other teams.

Latest posts

Back