General Level 2 Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 11, 2011
I'm beginning to coach a new Senior Level 2 team this season for the first time and I'm just a little confused by some of the USASF wording if anyone could help me out! I hope these don't make me sound dumb, just being cautious! Andre RulesGuy

1. Level 2 Stunts A. it states: "a spotter is required for each top person in an extended stunt or passing through an extended stunt."
- Question: Does that mean an additional person behind the stunt or is a back considered the spot?

2. Level 2 Stunts L. states: "Level 2 Stunts-Inversions 1. All inversions must maintain contact with the performance surface ... Example: Illegal: Going from a cradle to a handstand or prone position to a forward roll."
- Question: So that means that a flyer cannot be caught from a cradle and then the back steps aside and the flyer does a back walkover out of the stunt?

3. A back extensions is a legal "tumbling" move, yes? ie. Back extension back handspring

gotta wait for one of them to get an official ruling but here we go

1. The back spot is your spot, you do not need an additional spotter on top of that

2. Correct you can't go from a Cradle to an inversion including back walkovers basically you are allowed to go from a handstand position on the ground to a non-inverted stunt

3. Yes

Back