Getting Back Into Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 17, 2016
Hi this is a serious question

I'm 23 years old currently a cheer coach for high school varsity level . I would love to get back into actually cheering but it's so hard to find a team With my age group I don't know if I should just let the dream go of being a cheerleader again but I really want to give it another shot does anyone know of any teams ? might I add I feel because I have multiple tattoos no one will accept me on THIER squad [emoji848] stuck between a rock and a hard place what can I do ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you?? There are lots of adult teams in some areas, and few to none in others. Check your local gyms and see who is offering an adult rec, open 4 or Intl teams, depending on your level. Lots of my teammates have tattoos too

Although I don't know what teams to point you towards, I just wanted to give you some support and encouragement! I've seen a lot of cheerleaders with tattoos, so I don't think that will be a problem at all. And I know of a few girls on VAS Ice Queens who are 23 or older, and that is just one team that comes to mind. Best of luck in your search, and totally go for it! You won't make a team if you don't try, so once you find out IF there is a time near you that you can join then I say at least try out! As they always say on Young and Hungry "YOU'VE GOT THIS!"

There are several women in their mid 20's on international teams and some have tattoos. Not sure what area your from but it shouldn't be hard to find a team if you have the skills!

i'm in the southern California region the inland empire but thank yo guys so much i'm going to go for it and check out some local gyms

Semi Pro Cheer teams are all over and if your local Semi Pro team does not have a cheer team ask the owner if you could be the lead in starting one. Good Luck and never take NO for an answer when it comes to something that you know do and make successful.

Back