All-Star Getting Caught...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

All of these cheating issues that come up just strengthen my desire to see crossovers eliminated.
I used to like the idea of being on several teams, from an athletes point of view, IMO, that meant you were VERY good. but now, seeing it from the outside, I think it's an abominable thing. I've noticed this season, that people will crossover and stack 3-5 GREAT athletes, not just one or two athletes that are good. IMO, that's not really cool. 3-5 athletes really make a difference, especially in tumbling, (IE- having more specialty passes). spread out your great athletes amongst your gym, if this is the case, or put them all on the same team, hey do what you want, but think LONG term, not short term. some people have to face the reality that, if your team doesn't get a bid or doesn't make it to worlds/summit, then tough noodles, try again next season. IT HAPPENS. also, crossing over athletes can take up what little free time they actually have left and could be more hard on their body, i know i wouldn't want my child cheering for three different teams, I'd be talking to the coach within that same practice/moment it was brought up to my child. I feel like crossing over to get a bid isn't really cool either, but that's just my opinion... to replace for an injury is one thing, but to have these athletes compete just to get a bid, then change half of the team around is a lot of work, time, energy, and shouldn't even be allowed.

All of these cheating issues that come up just strengthen my desire to see crossovers eliminated.
I don't see this as a crossover issue. This is an age issue which the gym probably would have done regardless of crossovers being allowed or not.

I don't see this as a crossover issue. This is an age issue which the gym probably would have done regardless of crossovers being allowed or not.

Yes, sorry. The original question was about age and agree, that isn't a cross over issue (unless the overage athlete was filling in or something.) I was referring back to the FC scenario in the past few posts. :)

As for flip city. They had been caught cheating before, this was just the first time there was a penalty for it. Their small j2 team is made up of their j4 and sr5 athletes, not illegal, but good luck to those who have to go against them with a true level 2 team.
@Bellabooker this post had nothing to do with Flip City originally but somehow they were brought into it they have paid and still are paying their dues from what I understand time to move on already but it seems like certain people like to keep bringing them up makes me wonder why.

@Bellabooker this post had nothing to do with Flip City originally but somehow they were brought into it they have paid and still are paying their dues from what I understand time to move on already but it seems like certain people like to keep bringing them up makes me wonder why.
I was not the first to bring them up on this thread, (the forth person to post on this thread did) I just put my two cents in. I think they are still being brought up because of the whole cheating thing.

Really random question about Flip City so why not throw it in here since they came up... are they the same program with the Power Tumbling program that Angel Rice competes for? or are there 2?

I hate the excuse of small gyms exceptions to crossovers. It only takes 5 kids to make a team. I know several small gyms with under 30 athletes that dominate without crossovers.
Ah, I didn't know this. In that case, I say crossovers should be completely eliminated.

I'm curious, how do those gyms do so well?

Ah, I didn't know this. In that case, I say crossovers should be completely eliminated.

I'm curious, how do those gyms do so well?
Probably with great coaching and working to maximize what you have.
I'm not a fan of crossing over and never have been. Cp did it only for 2 seasons before she aged out of juniors.
I look at our level 5 team and maybe only 5 kids do not cross down to either the junior or senior 4 teams. Sure it allows the gym to have large as opposed to small teams, but it also results in kids being both physically and mentally exhausted, especially at competitions when times are scheduled too close for comfort. Plus flyers who cannot shake issues from earlier performances should they occur.

USASF knows...but it's up to the EP to strip titles and bids. It's not a big gym. It's actually a gym no one has probably heard of unless you're from the area.

PS, I also believe an illegally aged athlete was used at least 1 day at UCA too.

Illegally aged athletes were used at UCA, NCA and other comps.

The gym is ultimately responsible for the actions of its employees. They train coaches and set expectations. Not every coach they hire may live up to those expectations, but how the gym handles a coach that violates their rules says a lot about the type of business the gym runs.

I don't believe NO ONE other than the coach knew the athlete was underage. Kids talk. They know how old everyone is. Not all parents are clueless about cheer rules. The office staff or owner or someone handles birth certificates and usasf registration. Someone else knew and looked the other way.

Ignorance is not an excuse. A gym owner takes a chance when they put someone else in charge of paperwork, creating teams, coaching, etc, but it is THEIR name on the door at the end of the day. They should be protecting it as hard as they can.

Both the j3 & sr2 teams have used illegal athletes, one of which is related to the owners, so I'm sure they are well aware.

Back