College Getting skills

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 9, 2023
It’s my last year at my highschool and after 3 years of being on the team, my coach decided it was the end of the road for me. I don’t exactly have many cheer friends and if I do, it would be difficult to gather them up to practice stunting. I wanna pursue cheerleading in college but I’m not sure how I can practice if I don’t do all star or have a group to practice with. I know there’s clinics but those happen every few months. Any suggestions on how to practice without any programs?

Any open gym sessions at cheer gyms near where you live ?
When do you go to college? What level are you cheering now?
have you looked at the cheer programme at the college - they may not require experience for lower levels and so you may find there are others with less experience as well as more
on your own you can work on strength, flexibility and conditioning - all will help you with cheer, till you can find some other willing athletes.
Good luck 💪🏼

Yea but they require you to bring in stunt groups. I’m not sure what level I am exactly but my highest skill is a high to high and a switch up to extension. I do have an inversion but that could use a bit of sprucing up. I go to college Fall 2024 and I wanna go to UF and cheer at their club program which doesn’t require any tumbling.

It’s my last year at my highschool and after 3 years of being on the team, my coach decided it was the end of the road for me. I don’t exactly have many cheer friends and if I do, it would be difficult to gather them up to practice stunting. I wanna pursue cheerleading in college but I’m not sure how I can practice if I don’t do all star or have a group to practice with. I know there’s clinics but those happen every few months. Any suggestions on how to practice without any programs?
Any open gym sessions at cheer gyms near where you live ?
When do you go to college? What level are you cheering now?
have you looked at the cheer programme at the college - they may not require experience for lower levels and so you may find there are others with less experience as well as more
on your own you can work on strength, flexibility and conditioning - all will help you with cheer, till you can find some other willing athletes.
Good luck 💪🏼
As a former coach and a mom,y first thought is, “What made your coach decide it’s the end of the road for you?” If I was coaching at the collegiate level and I saw a gap in your cheer resume, I would ask why.

As for practicing with a group, im sure a gym would allow it, but they’ll most likely charge you gym time—so please be prepared. 😊

I wish you the best in college. Cheers! 😄🎀📣

As a former coach and a mom,y first thought is, “What made your coach decide it’s the end of the road for you?” If I was coaching at the collegiate level and I saw a gap in your cheer resume, I would ask why.

As for practicing with a group, im sure a gym would allow it, but they’ll most likely charge you gym time—so please be prepared. 😊

I wish you the best in college. Cheers! 😄🎀📣
She said that my skills weren’t up to par. At tryouts the highest skill performed was a lib. And I did a lib. And I saw the skills they performed at their camp and I don’t mean this as “I say I’m good but I’m not” but really I know I can do those skills. I’m consistent with them (prep extension and libs) I even asked if I could do just games because it doesn’t take a lot of effort to do games but she said I couldn’t either

I totally understand your situation. I hope in the time you have left before you head off to college (UF, right? Go Gators! Chomp!! I’m not too far away in Jacksonville) that you can find a stunt partner or a stunt group that you can help you get your skills where you want. Best wishes to you and enjoy your college years. Cheers! 😃

Back