All-Star Gift Ideas For Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mclovin

Cheer Parent
Mar 24, 2010
I wanted to put together gift bags for my daughters' stunt groups for worlds. I'm looking for some inexpensive ideas that AREN'T junk food related, lol. Something having to do with "worlds" or inspirational things. Help is appreciated! :)

I wanted to put together gift bags for my daughters' stunt groups for worlds. I'm looking for some inexpensive ideas that AREN'T junk food related, lol. Something having to do with "worlds" or inspirational things. Help is appreciated! :)
Mini keychain bows seem to be popular these days. Also decorated flip flops, sunglasses, and bubbles.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Agreed with the bows/keychain bows. Especially sparkly ones

What about "healthier" food options - granola bars, flavoured water, dried fruit

As for inspirational, maybe some of those word phrases they could put up on their wall - Believe, Live Love Laugh, etc. I wonder if you could make them with something from Michaels. Or check Etsy, and maybe someone could create a Worlds one for you

Mini keychain bows seem to be popular these days. Also decorated flip flops, sunglasses, and bubbles.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I think they all have at least 3 of the mini keychain bows already, lol. One of the moms at our gym makes them :)

One year our team mom had little cards printed with a poem on them and attached a lucky penny from the year we joined the gym. We all competed with the penny in our shoe for good luck and to remember how far we had come. This isn't the exact poem she used, but pretty similar:

This is a lucky penny
With a very special date
It’s just a little gift from me
To help you celebrate.
It’s sure to bring you lots of luck,
And you’ll remember too
That even though the years have passed, I’m still so proud of you!

One year our team mom had little cards printed with a poem on them and attached a lucky penny from the year we joined the gym. We all competed with the penny in our shoe for good luck and to remember how far we had come. This isn't the exact poem she used, but pretty similar:

This is a lucky penny
With a very special date
It’s just a little gift from me
To help you celebrate.
It’s sure to bring you lots of luck,
And you’ll remember too
That even though the years have passed, I’m still so proud of you!

That's cute!

Target has in their dollar section (but I think they cost $2.50), yellow duckie luggage tags.

I was thinking that they would make excellent "good luck" gifts

Pillowcases were probably the best gift I ever did. White pillowcase from Walmart. Get their names embroidered in T & S blue. Black and white polka dot ribbon ironfused at the seam under the name. Very cute and it didn't cost me much. (Well not much considering I did the whole team) LOL

Probably over used idea but beach towel's with their name embroidered too is a nice idea. I've done this one too!

Well.... I just spent over an hour thinking of ideas and of course my computer crashes! :mad: I am not going to remember all of my ideas, but lets see how many I can remember haha!

No junk food? Gahh, limiting the ideas! :p

- You know those wooden letters at Michaels/Craft Stores? Get one in each of the childs initials and spray paint them (Gyms colors) You can add bling polka dots to the front, pictures of the stunt group on the back, notes on the back, quotes, etc.
- Make a no sew tie blanket. Super cute and they can be used so much! You can do the fabric in gyms colors, maybe one side earth print, etc. Here is the best tutorial I have seen so far - A CHELSEA MORNING: Anyone can do this!
- Get picture frames at the dollar store. You can bling them out, spray paint them in gyms colors, put stickers that say worlds 2013 on the bottom, put inspiring quotes on the front or back, add a picture of the stunt group in it, etc.
- Get some elastic and tulle in the gyms colors and make some new sew tutu's! Here is a tutorial How To: Make A No-Sew Tutu
- Get either a plain white pillow case or pillow case in the gyms colors and you can iron on images/quotes on it.
- Make basic bracelets/anklets using beads (either gyms colors or earth print) one one side write the athletes name and on the other side you can put worlds 2013
- Get oil based sharpies, write on a white mug purchased from the dollar store, put it in the oven, and wallah! Tutorial here Scribbles from Emily: Tutorial: Dishwasher-Safe Sharpie Mugs
- You can make a "Go Nail It!" pack and (Buying these things at the dollar store) Nail polish remover, nail filer, nail polish (in gyms colors?)
- Get cheap flip flops from dollar store, old navy, target, etc and tie on ribbons in gyms colors
- Get an old tshirt (In gyms colors?) and make some tshirt headbands. You can either braid it normally and then tie around a hair tie or use this tutorial Re-purposing: Tshirts into 5-strand-braided-headbands | Make It and Love It
- It is getting to be earth day soon so maybe you can find "worlds" things at the dollar store such as pencils, erasers, pens, etc. You can put those in a goodie bag with an encouraging quote
- Almost like the blanket, but you can make scarfs/boas. The Stuff Of Success: The Fleece Boa
- Get a pringles chip can (or anything of the cylinder shape) and spray paint it or cover with paper. Make it a spirit stick. Put the athletes name, glitter, ribbons, feathers, inspiring quotes, worlds 2013, mickey mouse things, make it crazy!
- Get white/clear ornaments and fill them with glitter (in gyms colors) and then you can write the athletes name on one side and worlds 2013 on the other.
- Make friendship bracelets in gyms colors
- Make suitcase tags for each athlete with their name on one side, maybe a picture of the stunt group or mickey mouth outline, and worlds 2013.

I will probably think of some more ideas, but here are these for now!

Pillowcases were probably the best gift I ever did. White pillowcase from Walmart. Get their names embroidered in T & S blue. Black and white polka dot ribbon ironfused at the seam under the name. Very cute and it didn't cost me much. (Well not much considering I did the whole team) LOL

Probably over used idea but beach towel's with their name embroidered too is a nice idea. I've done this one too!

I believe the team moms are doing the beach towels :) -- I like the pillow case idea!

1 of the Mom's on Youth Elite one year did a quarter from TX (For NCA) and affixed a teal rhinestone where Dallas was. My CP still has this after all those years.

I'm not following this...can you post a pic?

Did this for Raleigh Sm Sr's 1 year...........bottle of water.....individual flavor packs and a big colored spoon from dollar store. I put them in little gift bags but you could use the bags that people use for birthday treat bags. (We have a place called If It's Paper here where I get all kinds of cute bags)

CD with inspirational songs etc.......1 of our YE mom's did this one year and the whole team listened to it all the way to Cheersport. She used the songs in their music combined with other songs. Fantasia had a great song out back then but I can't remember the name....I'm sorry. Cheap but time intensive.

Back