OT Going To Vegas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dont know the answers to most of your questions, but i do have an idea of something you have to go and watch. One of my friends Chrisopher Carter from warrington used to be sports acro mens fours in wakefield, is going to vegas in 2 weeks ish to be in Le Reve in Vegas. Its like cirque du soleil but water based and better. Its an amazing show. Also the cirque du soleil in vegas is amazing too, there's and english guy in that too Wayne Skivington, he's in the mens pairs acro part in it. If you do get chance to go and watch a show, either one are amazing.

A gym i know of there is Las vegas eNVY allstars, here's their website http://www.lvenvyallstars.com/

Hey guys,

I'm from Glasgow, Scotland, UK and it looks like I'll be heading over to Vegas in the next couple weeks!

I have a couple of questions to ask;
1. are there any gyms around I can visit?
2. how much money should I take with me? I'm coming with my parents so they'll be paying for food, drink, etc. but I'm thinking of bringing around a thousand dollars with me for SHOPPING ONLY for 2 weeks. Do you think this will be enough?
3. anything to do for those quite not old enough to drink yet? it sucks, I'm of drinking age in the UK but not in the states! So I need to find something to do at night

Instead of bringing cash (which is easy to lose or have stolen) put the money onto a prepaid Visa.

There are tons of shows in Vegas: Blue Man group, Cirque etc.

Thanks guys.. I will look into that show Becky. Sounds good! Heard of eNVy too but just wondering if there's any other gyms about too.

MissBee.. I'm not taking a thousand dollars in cash.. I know better. Just mean that's the value I'm taking with me (be it American Express, Pre paid cards, Travellers cheques, etc)

go see the cirque shows !!! you will love Mystere ! and it's not to pricy as long as it's in season when you're out there. KA was pretty amazing too !

I would only bring credit cards and have numbers to call in case things get lost or stolen. Everywhere in Vegas takes cards. Bring some cash (dollar bills) for valet tips and whatnot, these people live off tips.
There are many shows you can see. Check online for ticket deals for groups, or even two people.
Some of the best include: Blue Man Group, Jabbawockeez, Mystere, The Variety Show, Lion King, Le Reve, Ka, Love, Knights of the Round Table, O.
These shows can be very expensive so plan wisely and in advance.
Different concerts, events, and comedians come to town all the time. Check dates online.
Free things include: Bellagio water show, Fremont street experience, Treasure Island Pirate Show, visit your hotel's pool.
If you are not 21 and you like rides you can check out Circus Circus, visit the top of the Stratosphere, go to New York New York. All day passes are your best bet.
Shopping wise, check out Planet Hollywood's Miracle Mile shops, Caesar's Forum Shops, The Fashion Show Mall, and Town Square.
If you are trying to save money, don't buy to many things directly on the strip, if you drive a few miles away there are regular stores just like anywhere else. Let me know if you need help in this area.

Gym wise, Las Vegas eNVy is right next to the airport and will probably let you come tumble or play on the trampoline/rod floor.
CA Las Vegas has an open gym I believe. They are also right next to the strip.
Both will probably have a fee, call in advance.
There's a place called Sky Mania not too far from the strip. It's a bunch of trampolines and you can flip and bounce and play dodge ball for an hourly rate. So fun!

Where are you staying?

@Beeis4Becca, SUCH good advice! Thanks!! I'm staying in MGM Grand RIGHT on the strip. There's a couple stores I'd like to visit... not quite sure where they are though. How much do you reckon I should take with me Becca? I'm going for ten days.

Haha, how much is that? I'm looking at about $800 (bear in mind that my parents will be paying for dinner, etc). I do get paid while I'm out there though so if it's not enough I'll be okay.

@Beeis4Becca, SUCH good advice! Thanks!! I'm staying in MGM Grand RIGHT on the strip. There's a couple stores I'd like to visit... not quite sure where they are though. How much do you reckon I should take with me Becca? I'm going for ten days.
That all just depends on your spending habits my friend! Hopefully you'll be okay with $100 a day. Credit cards never fail you... All your meals will be covered? There's always going to be desserts and drinks and little things you'll want to buy randomly and if you plan on shopping like crazy, I'd bring a little more just to be safe.
MGM has Rainforest Cafe that is pretty good. Check out the Lions...they sleep a lot though. They don't have the best buffet...I'd check some other hotels out though...delicious.

Haha, how much is that? I'm looking at about $800 (bear in mind that my parents will be paying for dinner, etc). I do get paid while I'm out there though so if it's not enough I'll be okay.
I just recently stayed there! Honestly, I had the BEST food at the Wicked Spoon which is in the Cosmopolitan, but you should also check out Burger Bar (I think is in the Venetian but I could be wrong) and Sugar Factory. Oh and the fast food places in the MGM Grand walk (the mall area by the pool) are actually really really good. The pasta and the garlic knots at the Italian place there is to die for.

Oh and the rides on the Stratosphere are awesome, its expensive but so worth it!
You can also go zip-lining in downtown Las Vegas over Freemont street, so much fun! But it costs a lot to get there and back by cab.

Unfortunately I did not visit any all-star gyms, although I really wanted to, no one I was with wanted to take the trip to go with me.

Definitely bring a little more then 800$ because you don't realize how much everything costs.

One last thing- You don't realize how far everything is until your out there walking.. If you stay in one of the towers at the MGM, its about a mile just to get on the strip, bring some nice walking shoes because trust me you'll need them!

great help guys! well, i'm only taking $800 because things over in the states are 2/3 the price of things over here - I should be okay. I get paid every fortnight and I get paid while I'm out there on the first should I need anything! @Beeis4Becca, I read somewhere that banks charge quite heavily for ATM transactions. Any idea where the cheaper ATMs are? Bearing in mind I am with an international bank and will have to pay withdrawal fees regardless!

great help guys! well, i'm only taking $800 because things over in the states are 2/3 the price of things over here - I should be okay. I get paid every fortnight and I get paid while I'm out there on the first should I need anything! @Beeis4Becca, I read somewhere that banks charge quite heavily for ATM transactions. Any idea where the cheaper ATMs are? Bearing in mind I am with an international bank and will have to pay withdrawal fees regardless!
if you like mexican food...go to the pink taco in hard rock hotel.....amazing!!!!

Back