OT Government Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

ALittleBitTwisted

Most Positive :)
Dec 14, 2009
I have a huge government paper that I am writing and it is supposed to be a comparison/contrast between a current event and a reading that we have done in class..We have read The Social Contract, Federalist Papers No. 10, Two Treatesies of Government, The Declaration of Independence, The Republic, Politics, Leviathan, and The Prince.

The prompt: Find a current event (via news article) that relates to any of the readings and discuss the similarities and differences between the two.

I have decided to focus in on the Declaration of Independence specifically and I will probably include others if applicable. However, I am having the absolute hardest time finding a current event article that I can sorta tie in to this topic. I have a feeling there are a ton out there, but I am not the best when it comes to current events. If any of you are willing to help or have an article/current event you would recommend that would be greatly appreciated!! :) I am literally banging my head against a wall with this darn paper...I am hoping once I find an article I will be able to just write!

maybe search for stuff on Lybia the citizens there could def use a declaration of independance for their dictator...just a thought

maybe search for stuff on Lybia the citizens there could def use a declaration of independance for their dictator...just a thought

That is definitely a great idea..I know there are a variety of articles out there regarding Libya/Egypt issues. I am having difficulty finding a specific one though. My gov professor is very, very particular about everything..She did say this topic is "most interesting" to her and she recommends we give it a shot, but IMO it's definitely the most difficult out of the 4 topics!

Back