All-Star Gym Must Haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

1. Knowledgeable , safety trained and certified coaches who have clean background checks done through local and national law enforcement. (Not really "equipment" but if I were a gym owner, I would pay for that before paying for any equipment.)

2. A facility large enough for at least one full size floor, tumble track and an area to stretch, plus office area and parents area removed from the floor. Maybe even chairs in the parents area ;) Ceilings a minimum of 20'.

3. 54'x42' spring floor

4. Panel mats

5. Incline mats - preferably that fold

6. Various sized boulders

7. Tumble track and pit (largest you can fit)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

If you want to allow parent viewing, it should be seperated by a wall to the gym (so what is said in the parent area can't be heard in the gym and vice versa) and be through windows or a video monitor. I can see pros and cons of parent viewing, but that's for another thread ;). If people are driving long distances to come to your gym, you want to have a parent waiting area even if it can't see into the gym - ideally that waiting area will have wifi (so parents can work if they want and siblings can do homework, etc.), air conditioning and comfortable seating.

Equipment-wise you need a spring floor, a tumble track to a resi, and extremely high ceilings for basket tosses. A pit is ideal, but I don't think it's an absolute necessity - especially if the gym isn't the type w/ multiple level 5+ worlds teams.

Reliable vending machines w/ a decent selection of healthier snacks and drinks would be wonderful! As would a TV in the parent area. These two things are just a bonus.

Back