Gym Switching Help?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 8, 2011
I have been considering joining maryland twisters for a few years but this coming season is the season i would like to make the switch but my parents don't want to drive there and i'm working on convincing them any ideas on how i can get them to say yes or at least consider trying it?

i would try to show them how much it would mean to you if they did it and offer to do other things around the house in exchange.
btw i love twisters!

Give them solid reasons why you want to change. I know that if my CP wanted to change gyms and it meant more of a drive, I'd want to know exactly what that gym offered that her current one didn't. I'd need more than the "because I want to, or because they are awesome".

If their only concern is driving (which makes sense since gas is SO high right now,) contact the gym to see if they can put you in touch with someone who is willing to carpool who lives nearby. Also, like @ellie said, find ways to help "fundraise" to pay for their gas & travel time - make and sell bows, candy bars, etc. If you want it enough, make it happen!

If their only concern is driving (which makes sense since gas is SO high right now,) contact the gym to see if they can put you in touch with someone who is willing to carpool who lives nearby. Also, like @ellie said, find ways to help "fundraise" to pay for their gas & travel time - make and sell bows, candy bars, etc. If you want it enough, make it happen!

I'm from MD and know a lot of girls a twisters, some drive over 2 hours to get to practice, have the gym put you in touch with someone and you can carpool, tons of girls do it! I'm sure you can find someone or work out a situation where you can drive halfway and then carpool with them to the gym, other than driving, like everyone else said just show them how much it means to you. In the long run, if this is something your serious about ( if cheerleading means a lot to you) then this is a really great opportunity :)

I have been considering joining maryland twisters for a few years but this coming season is the season i would like to make the switch but my parents don't want to drive there and i'm working on convincing them any ideas on how i can get them to say yes or at least consider trying it?

how far is the drive?

I would say ask them to take you over there for open gym or contact them to set up a time when you can check it out! I am sure that once they get over there it won't be hard to convince. If we lived in Md that is where I would want my daughter!

there are girls at the gym that travel 2 and 3 hours to cheer at twisters..from all around, PA, VA, NJ..they do set up a carpool list at the beginning of the season so you never know. There might be someone who lives close to you that cheers at twisters and you could carpool with. also there is another gym location in waldorf if that would be closer for you. check the website, there are open houses coming up.

Back