All-Star Gym Switching Rant

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I understand that but coaches aren't in business to train other gyms athletes. It sure does sting the coach for that athlete to leave also. It's very hard not to take it personally as a coach too.

I'm not sure why an athlete would stay at a gym once they've made the announcement that they're leaving. If they're staying to finish their season then they've made the announcement prematurely. It's just a difficult situation and I'm thankful that I've never had a kid switch gyms only to stay and keep training at ours.

But see, i never made it public or anything.
We kept it to ourselves and somebody else that we kew and talked to talk to a bunch of other people. It spread like a wildfire.

It seems as parents we are darned if we do and darned if we don't, but we are trying to do the best for our kids. And if that means moving to a new gym, that's what you do and take all of the drama in stride! In the end, your cp is the one you need to look out for.:)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but @CApantherSmallSenior90 said that she had a paid bid & all cost were covered...if that was that case, why wouldn't you take her?

No, like my mom paid for everything. 1,000's of dollars already paid for, and then she blew us off.

Oh man, my coach was so mad when I left. She was persuading everyone who was trying to leave to not. :confused: We obiviously needed to do what we thought was better for us, and it was just to hard for her to comprehend and accept that!

Back