Gymnastic Center Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 28, 2015
We would like to approach some gymnastics programs about sharing space for a small cheer program. Why would it benefit them? Neef help selling our idea

Some gyms will look at it as a threat, that kids may choose cheer over gymnastics when they see it. Others may look at it as more kids to possibly take classes. Go to a gym, feel them out and c what they think. No one can give u an answer about how a certain gym will or will not like the idea.

Some gyms will look at it as a threat, that kids may choose cheer over gymnastics when they see it. Others may look at it as more kids to possibly take classes. Go to a gym, feel them out and c what they think. No one can give u an answer about how a certain gym will or will not like the idea.

Thanks!

It can be a hard one. Running cheer programs when they have other gymnastics programs running qt the same time can be hard as you may have issues with them keeping off the floor during your time as they see it as still their time. The other problem is new athletes theough the door can easily be swayed either way. Sometimes in your favour and sometimes in theirs. Don't get me wrong it also has it's benefits. Access to a great floor without the overhead of your own gym and quite often much more equipment. We have a foam pit, ropes, air track, tumble track. Alot of other cheer gyms don't have these luxuries. I would recommend running your programs on a day or time when no one else uses the gym i.e Sundays, nights after gym is done, mornings or during the day (kindy cheer)

Main benefit to them? They get to make money out of a time slot they don't use anyway. Gyms cost alot to run so when there is nothing running they are loosing money. You could also utalise their coaches and allow your athletes to attend their tumble classes which improves ylur athletes and they get money from that too

What you could do to avoid the problem of being interrupted by gymnastics is rent out the space, or whatever you were planning, on days that the gymnasts aren't practicing. That way the gymnasts will not see the cheerleaders, therefore unable to be swayed.

Our cheer gym runs as part of a gymnastics club- (part of one business, not two separate businesses) just another thing to consider :)

Back