All-Star Gyms Not Members Of Usasf

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think a lot of parents may assume the USASF is just an EP, like NCA UCA or CheerSport.
Maybe this is why a lot of parents think that....

Word Mark THE CHEERLEADING WORLDS
Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: conducting cheerleading competitions. FIRST USE: 20040424. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20040424
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 76977618
Filing Date October 3, 2003
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1B
Supplemental Register Date June 10, 2005
Registration Number 2999331
Registration Date September 20, 2005
Owner (REGISTRANT) Varsity Spirit Corporation CORPORATION TENNESSEE 6745 Lennox Center Court, Suite 300 Memphis TENNESSEE 38115
Attorney of Record Grady M. Garrison
Prior Registrations 2489351
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register SUPPLEMENTAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Maybe this is why a lot of parents think that....

Word Mark THE CHEERLEADING WORLDS
Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: conducting cheerleading competitions. FIRST USE: 20040424. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20040424
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 76977618
Filing Date October 3, 2003
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1B
Supplemental Register Date June 10, 2005
Registration Number 2999331
Registration Date September 20, 2005
Owner (REGISTRANT) Varsity Spirit Corporation CORPORATION TENNESSEE 6745 Lennox Center Court, Suite 300 Memphis TENNESSEE 38115
Attorney of Record Grady M. Garrison
Prior Registrations 2489351
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register SUPPLEMENTAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

This means that Varsity trademarked the name "Cheerleading Worlds" before the USASF first had the event. Not sure where the issue is. I'm assuming they have either have an agreement or have given/sold the mark to USASF.

I doubt that most parents would be using the federal trademark database to determine why they "think that" USASF is just an EP.

As a cheerleader do you care if your gym is a Certified USASF Member or even a USASF member at all?

As a cheerleader do you care if your gym is a Certified USASF Member or even a USASF member at all?

i think to new athletes they prob. wouldnt care because in their mind its just running trough their head "i get to compete and learn how to tumble" but for an athlete who has been in the sport for yrs and has educated their self in the sport, im sure they do take it into consideration the fact that the gym they will be joining is usasf cert. and has coaches who are also usasf credentialed.. atleast IMO

This is an important concept but unfortunately not a critical issue in the sport yet.

A common past argument for not being a member gym is that you don't get anything for the cost other than a logo you can put on your wall. Even gym, coach, athlete certification isn't important unless you have coaches that need to attend worlds, then they have to be USASF Level 5 certified to be backstage.

I think the issue with parents is that most aren't aware of big the sport really is. My CP was at 4 smaller gyms for almost 9 years going to lots of competitions before I ever heard of the USASF. I think most parents want to understand the sport more, but the information isn't advertised by all in the sport so that everyone understands. The USASF Parent Action Committee has been working for a few years to improve on this.

For my personal opinion, this should be ALL about safety. USASF needs to study and decide on THE ONLY set of safety rules. They should then make membership and compliance mandatory to attend ANY USASF sanctioned events. No membership/not sanctioned event = not eligible to compete for bid.

There are people in the "industry" (I HATE that word when referring to competitive cheer) that think mass implementation of safety will hurt profits or cut back on participation. I say that implementing standardization and proper safety across the board will enhance the sport and draw more participants which eventually leads to more profitability for all involved.

Back