All-Star Gymtyme Opens In Lockport Illinois

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Drama is anywhere if you seek it out. Droplet is about to finish her first season of cheer in IL and our gym has seen more than it's fair share of drama this season for sure. We have had an enjoyable season though, because I have stayed in my car. ;) I've associated with people who don't do the drama thing either, and it's been fine. And I have learned a lot.. As much about life maybe as about cheer, but a lot.

I am pretty sure there is a lot of information about all this with GT and how this will affect the gyms in the area. This is only the beginning of all the announcements, yall!

Don't ask me for info though.. I can only tell you what the view is from my car, and I plan to keep it that way!:p

This is how I have survived soccer season. It's all so dramatic from my car in the pick up spot.

I havent seen fame at all in the uk this season and nothing has been posted on their facebook. I am curious to see if they will be at any competitions as we there are a few regionals left but we are into national season now with one just gone with some more june and july

I was curious about that to be honest...it was all a big to-do and then not much of a peep later on.

Fame has spent the year building up the teams (with the help of the FAME usa coaches), I can assure you, the wait will be worth it. They will be debuting teams before the season ends, uniforms are well on the way.

Next season will be a "normal" season with more competitions.

Fame has spent the year building up the teams (with the help of the FAME usa coaches), I can assure you, the wait will be worth it. They will be debuting teams before the season ends, uniforms are well on the way.

Next season will be a "normal" season with more competitions.

are you allowed to tell us which comps they will be debuting teams at? I hope its FC nationals as that is a really good comp.

UA is Merging with CCR. Has far as GymTyme the owner of UA Just brought the rights to use the
Name for UA south, the last 2 times UA South tried to open gyms in the south suburbs it didn't work. Gymtyme ky has nothing to do with this merge except in name only. A email was sent out regarding this and it clearly states that.

UA has a gym in the south suburbs currently so it's worked once for them, at least. Starting from scratch didn't work for them, but buying out smaller, struggling programs has. My understanding is that the hiring process for Gymtyme IL will involve being interviewed by UA staff and Gymtyme staff. This is all hearsay, but I believe it- Gymtyme is a strong brand, I'm sure they'll have some hand in the gym.

UA has a gym in the south suburbs currently so it's worked once for them, at least. Starting from scratch didn't work for them, but buying out smaller, struggling programs has. My understanding is that the hiring process for Gymtyme IL will involve being interviewed by UA staff and Gymtyme staff. This is all hearsay, but I believe it- Gymtyme is a strong brand, I'm sure they'll have some hand in the gym.

See previous posts the current owners are paying Gymtyme to use the name and wear the same uniforms but Gymtyme is not supposed to have anything to do with running the program.

I would presume that the new gym would be more of a 'satellite' or affiliated gym. They might set it up with the GymTyme philosophies and practices, making sure the new place is in line with the brand, but then leave the daily running of the place to the new owners. After all, Louisville to Lockport isn't the most convenient commute – there's a big ol' Indiana in the middle.

Makes sense to me.

Now I am not a coach anymore so I can not take that credibility, however I used to coach at UA and I can explain part of the connection.

Gymtyme and UA have always had close connections and had a good relationship. Several UA athletes every year move down to U of L for college and cheer at Gymtyme.

Speed Camp (named after James Speed) has been held at UA for many years. The Speed Camp staff also primarily consists of current and former UA and Gymtyme members.

Most of the staff for Gymtyme IL used to cheer for the U of L/Gymtyme. One of the new owners of Gymtyme IL (Craig from UA North) used to cheer for the U of L. Also Demo and Tarryn who currently run UA South cheered for U of L and Gymtyme for years. Same with some of the coaches, including one who used to coach Gymtyme Platinum, UA Prodigy, and ICE LL. Not to mention that Wes Haley (that you all see on Cheer: Full Out) is going to play a major part in the running of this program.

To sum it all up, almost all of the staff of Gymtyme Illinois used to cheer for James Speed and has very close ties with them...so they definitely are familiar with the Gymtyme name and culture.

Last edited:
Now I am not a coach anymore so I can not take that credibility, however I used to coach at UA and I can explain part of the connection.

Gymtyme and UA have always had close connections and had a good relationship. Several UA athletes every year move down to U of L for college and cheer at Gymtyme.

Speed Camp (named after James Speed) has been held at UA for many years. The Speed Camp staff also primarily consists of current and former UA and Gymtyme members.

Most of the staff for Gymtyme IL used to cheer for the U of L/Gymtyme. One of the new owners of Gymtyme IL (Craig from UA North) used to cheer for the U of L. Also Demo and Tarryn who currently run UA South cheered for U of L and Gymtyme for years. Same with some of the coaches, including one who used to coach Gymtyme Platinum, UA Prodigy, and ICE LL. Not to mention that Wes Haley (that you all see on Cheer: Full Out) is going to play a major part in the running of this program.

To sum it all up, almost all of the staff of Gymtyme Illinois used to cheer for James Speed and has very close ties with them...so they definitely are familiar with the Gymtyme name and culture.

You explained that all perfectly, Jac! :D I knew all this, but didn't feel I was the appropriate person to speak to it and I definitely couldn't have explained it all as well as you did. Nicely done! haha!

Back