All-Star Gymtyme Opens In Lockport Illinois

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You explained that all perfectly, Jac! :D I knew all this, but didn't feel I was the appropriate person to speak to it and I definitely couldn't have explained it all as well as you did. Nicely done! haha!

Thanks! I miss coaching your sweet girls. Love seeing them do big things!

Now I am not a coach anymore so I can not take that credibility, however I used to coach at UA and I can explain part of the connection.

Gymtyme and UA have always had close connections and had a good relationship. Several UA athletes every year move down to U of L for college and cheer at Gymtyme.

Speed Camp (named after James Speed) has been held at UA for many years. The Speed Camp staff also primarily consists of current and former UA and Gymtyme members.

Most of the staff for Gymtyme IL used to cheer for the U of L/Gymtyme. One of the new owners of Gymtyme IL (Craig from UA North) used to cheer for the U of L. Also Demo and Tarryn who currently run UA South cheered for U of L and Gymtyme for years. Same with some of the coaches, including one who used to coach Gymtyme Platinum, UA Prodigy, and ICE LL. Not to mention that Wes Haley (that you all see on Cheer: Full Out) is going to play a major part in the running of this program.

To sum it all up, almost all of the staff of Gymtyme Illinois used to cheer for James Speed and has very close ties with them...so they definitely are familiar with the Gymtyme name and culture.

So Craig will no longer be the owner of UA?

As far as I know the GymTyme owner will receive money monthly from UA to use their name. What confuses me is that the gym will be 25,000sq ft. That is crazy how do you even know how many kids your going to get? Plus I can just imagine what the tuition alone is going to be plus comp fees. NO thank you.

As far as I know the GymTyme owner will receive money monthly from UA to use their name. What confuses me is that the gym will be 25,000sq ft. That is crazy how do you even know how many kids your going to get? Plus I can just imagine what the tuition alone is going to be plus comp fees. NO thank you.
I'm going out on a limb here, but three programs combined to form this new GymTyme gym in Illinois. That seems like enough kids to have a program with, and the GymTyme name is synonymous with stability.

Sound great. It will
Be interesting to see how much the tuition and comp fees are plus all the extras. I guess when the website comes up the info will be in there. Just curious!!!!:shimmy:

Sound great. It will
Be interesting to see how much the tuition and comp fees are plus all the extras. I guess when the website comes up the info will be in there. Just curious!!!!:shimmy:
Just curious, since you've now mentioned it twice, why do you think that the cost of this program will be different than others? It seems like you're assuming it will be quite expensive comparatively

Sound great. It will
We were told the tuition will be the same as UA North. Right now at UA South our tuition is about $500 less a year than UA North. But our current facility is no where near as nice as the North gym. Our new facility is going to be the best in the area so our tuition will go up a little. It's worth it in my opinion. I think the tuition will be about the same as the other area gym of the same caliber. And UA provides some nice little extras that are part of the tuition. Like included open gym, team tumbling, and my personal favorite...a gym photographer who takes pics at all the comps and posts them for our use. Many other gyms charge for those things so I feel like UA is a better overall value, even with increased tuition.

Back