High School H.s Music.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 6, 2011
does anyone have High School Music?
ive never done h,s music. and i think im putting in too too many voiceovers. the h.s music ive heard on some youtube channels are just plain -__- so idk? :p

Usually high school teams have less voiceovers because either:
1. There is less money to put into the music, therefore it only has 1 or 2 voiceovers
2. It's a premade mix, resulting in no custom voiceovers
3. The style is more traditional, so the flash of all star style music with 800 voiceovers doesnt fit right
Also many times a cheer portion is required, so the music isn't that long to begin with. One to two voiceovers are enough for shorter mixes....otherwise it'd be a minute straight of voiceovers plus a minute of shouting some cheer.

The number of voiceovers depends on your style of routine and what competitions you'll be attending. If you're doing mostly UCA events, stick with a lower amount. NCA is completely different. You'll still want to hire a good company. Don't go for cheap premade mixes. Everyone can tell, and as a judge I hate it. It makes me assume the coach doesn't know what's up, or that they don't care enough to put in the effort.

Usually high school teams have less voiceovers because either:
1. There is less money to put into the music, therefore it only has 1 or 2 voiceovers
2. It's a premade mix, resulting in no custom voiceovers
3. The style is more traditional, so the flash of all star style music with 800 voiceovers doesnt fit right
Also many times a cheer portion is required, so the music isn't that long to begin with. One to two voiceovers are enough for shorter mixes....otherwise it'd be a minute straight of voiceovers plus a minute of shouting some cheer.
thats exactly what i thought.
and okay! :D thanks.

The number of voiceovers depends on your style of routine and what competitions you'll be attending. If you're doing mostly UCA events, stick with a lower amount. NCA is completely different. You'll still want to hire a good company. Don't go for cheap premade mixes. Everyone can tell, and as a judge I hate it. It makes me assume the coach doesn't know what's up, or that they don't care enough to put in the effort.
and okay! ill deff. show this too my other coaches. they dont have the latest experience in cheer. and they keep trying to get me to get the premade mix. i find them really tacky, and okay its going to be NCA.

so im think 4-5 short voiceovers?

thats exactly what i thought.
and okay! :D thanks.

and okay! ill deff. show this too my other coaches. they dont have the latest experience in cheer. and they keep trying to get me to get the premade mix. i find them really tacky, and okay its going to be NCA.

so im think 4-5 short voiceovers?

I think 4-5 would be fine for NCA. School name, mascot, colors. Have fun with it, keep them short, but feel free to have them say something fun that the team would enjoy.

Back