Handspring Help?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 3, 2012
So I have my standing handspring and my roundoff 3 -- it didnt dawn on me that I hadn't tried standing two until one of my coaches asked to see it. So I tried it and failed. Any tips? Also my coach has us start roundoff tucks after we master our roundoff 3 and after we have our roundoff tuck, we start standing. But me and one other person has had our roundoff 3 for a while and takes us straight to standing tucks. For me to be on S3 I have to have my Roundoff tuck but i haven't even started it, why do u think she hasn't had us do it yet?

So I have my standing handspring and my roundoff 3 -- it didnt dawn on me that I hadn't tried standing two until one of my coaches asked to see it. So I tried it and failed. Any tips? Also my coach has us start roundoff tucks after we master our roundoff 3 and after we have our roundoff tuck, we start standing. But me and one other person has had our roundoff 3 for a while and takes us straight to standing tucks. For me to be on S3 I have to have my Roundoff tuck but i haven't even started it, why do u think she hasn't had us do it yet?

Standing 2 needs more momentum and and good set back into the second. Make sure you're landing with your feet in front, similar to how you would coming out of a round off before the BHS.

As for RO tucks, ask her why you haven't started training them yet. Being that we can't see your RO/BHS, so I can't say why. I say ask her, and tell her you want to learn them. Ask for progression drills that you can work on after practicing BHS's and start doing those drills. This will show her you're serious about learning it and making that S3 team

Doing single standing back handsprings up a cheese mat with a rebound will definitely help strengthen your back handsprings for standing bhs series. Having a strong standing bhs rebound is important for multiple bhs.

You can also work on drills such as - bhs rebound backwards and landing on a port-a-pit onto your back. Also trying a double bhs down a cheese mat or on a tumble track.

To learn a round of tuck you need to learn how to do a tuck first. When any of my kids progress from level 2 skills to level 3 skills, we always start with the basic tuck on a trampoline and then we start connecting it to other skills such a a r.o. tuck or bhs tuck.

You can also communicate to your tumbling coach and go over what skills you need And the steps to accomplishing the skill? A lot of tumbling coaches aren't cheer coaches also, and they sometimes don't completely understand the link to the skills and the levels the belong to.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Latest posts

Back