OT Happy Halloween 2014!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
They are moccasins! Ridiculously overpriced Freshly Picked mocs that she thinks are a chew toy. :)

Welcome to being a parent! The stuff that we won't over-spend on for our kids... Regardless, she looks too cute for words!

I was a cat (yes I am the most basic white girl). I stayed at my parents to hand out candy and I was so surprised at how ruthless kids are these days when it comes to free candy. The most kind and courteous group I had was five 14-15 year old boys, but the 7-10 year old crowd was vicious. Pushing each other, yelling, not even saying trick or treat or happy Halloween or thank you or anything, just grabbing candy and running. My mom would have beat me if she saw me acting that way.

I was a cat (yes I am the most basic white girl). I stayed at my parents to hand out candy and I was so surprised at how ruthless kids are these days when it comes to free candy. The most kind and courteous group I had was five 14-15 year old boys, but the 7-10 year old crowd was vicious. Pushing each other, yelling, not even saying trick or treat or happy Halloween or thank you or anything, just grabbing candy and running. My mom would have beat me if she saw me acting that way.
The irony.

Right? I heard trick or treat like 3 times..... I almost didn't want to give people candy unless they said it. I had a VERY polite 5 yer old girl last night - before she left she said "thank you, happy halloween, have a good night, stay safe!" I was so impressed and offered her more candy. Then I had some teenage boy ring my door bell not even say trick or treat and took like 15 pieces of candy before I asked "ya good?" (I usually stick the basket of candy out and let kids pick what they want but most only take three pieces at most. He just kept taking candy....) He left without a thank you or anything! I said happy halloween as he turned around and he grunted. Rude.

The little kids are definitely my favorite. They are not afraid to take what they want. I had a two year old stick both her hands in and pull out like 10 pieces at once and her parents gasped "No!" In the background. She was my favorite :p

I Kinda hate that halloween is so small in sweden.. We had no trick or treaters at all. i did not go to any parties but dressed up as a minion.. i just love them.. no pictrures though.. the camera on my phone is bad..

I didn't participate in Halloween because we were moving into a new house. Although, my high school's football theme next week is Costume Night (we had a bye week yesterday). I'm going to be basic and be a cheetah. I found my stuff from last year in my house, so why not? I guess I can post a picture after the fact. I wanted to be a ref though because one cheer that was often used last week was "I'm blind. I'm deaf. I wanna be a ref." Oh well.

I went to a late night opening at the Natural History Museum last night and wandered around looking at dinosaur skeletons with my boyfriend and a glass of wine, instead of going to a club with my team.... #GettingOld #I'mOnly21

I didn't participate in Halloween as I had to be up at 3am to go to another university open day as I am transferring. I got to the train station at 4.30am and people were still out from the university (18 over drinking age)

I used to live in a really secluded neighborhood of about 10 houses so we never did anything for Halloween. We didn't even have to buy one bag of candy. We just recently moved into a big neighborhood, we're the newest family of the neighborhood and the first house when you come in. So we bought TONS of candy, not knowing what to expect. Saying we bought too much would be an understatement. Most of the kids picked one or two pieces and that was it. We kept urging them 'please take more! Grab a whole handful' One girl was like 'no, i feel rude taking more than 2 pieces' We ended up giving the kids handfuls and putting it in their bags as well as letting them grab pieces from our bowl. And we still have multiple bags of candy left over.

I love Halloween!! It is one of my favorite holidays! In our neighborhood people, including us, decorate their houses sort of like Christmas, but not as extreme. (Christmas in my neighborhood is CRAZY!!). The police block off the entrance and exit of our neighborhood from 6-9pm so everyone can trick or treat safely. People have to park and walk in. We had a new record this year - 1,150 trick or treaters!! We also played the Elsa (Anna and Olaf, too!) game and had a great time!

Hi everyone, my friends and I are participating in a halloween costume contest where we dressed as Alice in Wonderland! If everyone could like our Facebook picture on this page TDC Hallowings Costume Contest - The Daily Collegian | Facebook it would be a huge help! Attached is a full picture of our group costume :) thank you!!
25a69kz.jpg

Back