Headbands Or Bows?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you (or anyone else for that matter) has hair longer than shoulder-length than this might be an issue. My fingers get caught in my bases hair all the time when they wear it down. It's just annoying and it flips in your face and gets stuck to your lipstick and in your mouth.

with your hair dow? I think that sounds like a really bad idea unless your whole team has bobs. Hair would be flying everywhere and headbands are way more likely to fall out than bows. So I guess your team should all cut their hair and go for the rays look lol.
rays.gif
or are you wearing your hair up with a headband over?

Their hair would be up in a ponytail. I prefer bows, but the head coach wants something different I guess. Maybe if they don't work for the first competition, we will switch back to bows for the rest.

Their hair would be up in a ponytail. I prefer bows, but the head coach wants something different I guess. Maybe if they don't work for the first competition, we will switch back to bows for the rest.

No no no no. Headbands with a ponytail make your hair look slicked and flat, especially if it is a high ponytail. It can make even the prettiest girl look manly. I would not be a happy camper if my coach tried to do this to me.

I agree with you. I would rather my squad wear bows, but it wasn't my decision. I just wanted to know if the headband would fall off..

If they are ribbon-like bands, bobby pin them with pins of whatever color the headband is. You can spray paint pins to match. If it's a regular, comb like headband, you can tease and hairspray a little bit in front of your crown, where the headband would sit. This way your hair won't be silky and the headband won't slide out.

I would have to say Bows. Headbands (although pretty) would be really hard to keep in place while your tumbling. Also, I'm pretty sure some competitions will not let you compete with bobby pins in your hair just in case they fall out on the mat and someone lands on it.

Back