Music Help! Don't Know What To Do.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 5, 2011
I cannot understand how can someone leave a person high and dry. I hired someone to do our mix. Sent him 8 count sheets. He sent music. I sent him three revisions that needed to be made. He said he would take care of it. Nothing. Sent emails. Still nothing. Sent an email thru his website....still nothing. We compete Saturday. We can't use the music he did, because our cheer we do is voiceovered in and they changed the words that I gave him. So its wrong. I am freaking out and just ready to sit in a corner and cry. We are just a small town team, that fundraises for everything we have. We don't have the money or time to hire someone else. Don't people have good business practice anymore. What can I do?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Is the cheer so wrong that you can't change it for this particular comp? At least for this one, you may be able to fudge it.

After this one, I would put the mixer on blast. This is not ok in any way.

Breathe. I know it's frustrating when you expect people to run their businesses well, and they don't. Don't let it show that you're worried because it will rub off on your athletes.

Now think about the pretty minor changes you can make to the routine to make the music work for Saturday. Saying a cheer doesn't have any impact on your score, so why don't you just change the words to your cheer? Or, don't say the cheer at all and just let the VO say whatever it currently says. I've seen teams do routines to past years music and score just fine. It happens, but it doesn't have to affect your team.

I have not told the kids yet that we don't have the corrected music. Yes, we can use it as we do let the v/o say cheer the team doesn't. But I am just so frustrated myself, I feel like I failed my team.

I cannot understand how can someone leave a person high and dry. I hired someone to do our mix. Sent him 8 count sheets. He sent music. I sent him three revisions that needed to be made. He said he would take care of it. Nothing. Sent emails. Still nothing. Sent an email thru his website....still nothing. We compete Saturday. We can't use the music he did, because our cheer we do is voiceovered in and they changed the words that I gave him. So its wrong. I am freaking out and just ready to sit in a corner and cry. We are just a small town team, that fundraises for everything we have. We don't have the money or time to hire someone else. Don't people have good business practice anymore. What can I do?

I can not tell you how many music guys have done this to me, it seems to be very common - at least with the ones that are in my price range. They tell you they will get it done by date X and then - NOTHING. I have no problem with waiting for a mix, but I think it should be done when you tell your customer it will be and if its not, then you should pick up the phone, be apologetic and let me know whats going on instead of ignoring emails/calls.

I totally sympathize with you on this matter, and I don't mean for this to be a commercial necessarily, but I feel a lot of people haven't heard of C&D Productions as it's a brand new team of producers. I did almost all of their voiceovers exclusively and worked very hands on with the mixes as I'm good friends with the founder. From what I saw, they never missed a deadline, and they had some crazy ones to meet from customers in similar situations as you. One of the things I thought was really cool was that the founder always answers his phone and emails, AND their order form allows you to pick your own due date!

Anyway I think it's a company that's more affordable especially for lower level teams and what not, and they're committed to making great music regardless of skill level or world's status.

C&D if you want to check 'em out!

I totally sympathize with you on this matter, and I don't mean for this to be a commercial necessarily, but I feel a lot of people haven't heard of C&D Productions as it's a brand new team of producers. I did almost all of their voiceovers exclusively and worked very hands on with the mixes as I'm good friends with the founder. From what I saw, they never missed a deadline, and they had some crazy ones to meet from customers in similar situations as you. One of the things I thought was really cool was that the founder always answers his phone and emails, AND their order form allows you to pick your own due date!

Anyway I think it's a company that's more affordable especially for lower level teams and what not, and they're committed to making great music regardless of skill level or world's status.

C&D if you want to check 'em out!
Thanks, I will check them out for next year. I did end up getting my music. Called him out on his FB page so he magically answered my email. Got it downloaded Friday. Whew! But not totally happy with mix, but it will do.

I have not told the kids yet that we don't have the corrected music. Yes, we can use it as we do let the v/o say cheer the team doesn't. But I am just so frustrated myself, I feel like I failed my team.

You did not fail your team! This stuff happens, and it sucks. There is nothing more frustrating than when a company leaves you hanging. The poms I ordered for my girls were supposed to arrive 9 days before our first day of the season. I was in constant contact with them and by the time they got here, we only had 1 game left. It makes me want to pull my hair out at all of this.

Back