All-Star How to get out of Allstar contract based on excessive screaming towards kids?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 26, 2023
Our local Allstar team had us sign a contract having us pay the full years tuition and fees in the event that you quit the team. However, the coaches are young and they dont have any patience with the children and regularly scream at them if they dont get something right. Even with a child who always tries her hardest and puts in 100% effort at every single practice. The coach, on the very first night of the season, screamed in my daughter face "Get out of my face!!" and "Shut up!" on the top of her lungs because my daughter was having a hard time learning something. I had a talk with management and she no longer yells "get out of my face" but instead yells whatever else at them instead. My daughter came from a gymnastics gym that was in the top 3 in the country and was very strict. She has very good work ethic, unlike my son who I expect more coaches to yell and get on him. This screaming has a lot of the girls crying (my daughter is 11) and has taken my daughter from living and breathing the sport to absolutely hating it and is hysterical that she doesn't want to go back ever again. She has been hysterical about going back since Mon night, it is now Wednesday and I don't know what to do. We are under contract that I am kicking myself for signing. My husband is forcing her to go to practice and I know she will only rebel to this and hate it even more. I want to teach her to not be so sensitive and get thicker skin but at the same time she shouldn't have to put up with people who don't treat her good. If I had known their was this kind of treatment towards the kids I never would have signed the contract. Anyone been through anything like this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Our local Allstar team had us sign a contract having us pay the full years tuition and fees in the event that you quit the team. However, the coaches are young and they dont have any patience with the children and regularly scream at them if they dont get something right. Even with a child who always tries her hardest and puts in 100% effort at every single practice. The coach, on the very first night of the season, screamed in my daughter face "Get out of my face!!" and "Shut up!" on the top of her lungs because my daughter was having a hard time learning something. I had a talk with management and she no longer yells "get out of my face" but instead yells whatever else at them instead. My daughter came from a gymnastics gym that was in the top 3 in the country and was very strict. She has very good work ethic, unlike my son who I expect more coaches to yell and get on him. This screaming has a lot of the girls crying (my daughter is 11) and has taken my daughter from living and breathing the sport to absolutely hating it and is hysterical that she doesn't want to go back ever again. She has been hysterical about going back since Mon night, it is now Wednesday and I don't know what to do. We are under contract that I am kicking myself for signing. My husband is forcing her to go to practice and I know she will only rebel to this and hate it even more. I want to teach her to not be so sensitive and get thicker skin but at the same time she shouldn't have to put up with people who don't treat her good. If I had known their was this kind of treatment towards the kids I never would have signed the contract. Anyone been through anything like this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Contracts in cheer really don’t mean anything….you did not sign up for your child to be spoken to that way, do not let your child be abused anymore! Speak up to owners/coaches and tell them they have a toxic environment and you will not be returning. Email first so u have documentation. Gyms should be a safe place for kids!

Document every incident with dates, what happened, and with whom. Document all conversations had with the coach and/or management attempting to rectify the issue. Email the owner/management those incidents and let them know the anger issues with that coach haven't improved. You can either wait to see if there's improvement or, if you're to the point of removing her, let them know what date is/was the last date she'll be attending, as well as, the date and amount of the last payment you intend to pay, or have paid. Let them know their employee's behavior and absence of anger control has caused you to end the contract agreement and future financial payments beginning on _______(date).

With that said, small claims court is an inexpensive and fast way for a small business to take a client to court. If you receive a threat of legal action, you can have a lawyer draft a response for a few hundred dollars, or just let them know you'll see them in court.

Contracts in cheer really don’t mean anything….you did not sign up for your child to be spoken to that way, do not let your child be abused anymore! Speak up to owners/coaches and tell them they have a toxic environment and you will not be returning. Email first so u have documentation. Gyms should be a safe place for kids!
I completely agree!!! He loves it and I thought it would be a good environment for him. But after a few weeks, they treat him like dirt. And he's the only boy that can tumble. Longster is short His coach had a sign of contract and have it notarized. How do I get out of it?

Back