OT Help Me Convince Mom...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 25, 2010
haha, so I am due for an upgrade on my cellphone come November, and right now I have the samsung rogue, and he's fading fast. I am trying extremely hard to convince my mom to buy me the iphone 5. poor college student is an understatement right now, so I really can't afford a new phone myself. I KNOW ya'll are good at milking things, so lets hear some good reasons to help convince mama showstopper :)

peace, love, and happy cheering

showstopper

If I remember correctly there's a deal for buy one iphone and get a deal on the other.. she can get one too and you two can facetime all you want while you're at school. Maybe not so good for you but I know a lot of moms that love to see their kids at school every waking minute haha

Christmas present? November isn't that far away from Christmas time, and if it's a free phone, thats worth the wait!

Christmas present? November isn't that far away from Christmas time, and if it's a free phone, thats worth the wait!

that's what i was thinking. or a "hey mom i made it the 6 months on coumadin without going clinically insane"

the biggest downfall i see is the data plan argument. i only pay $10/month right now vs. the 30 for an iphone.

To be honest, I pay for 750mb of data and barely use any of it. I mostly use my iPhone at home or at school where there's wifi, and otherwise I'm on public transport trawling through fierceboard (via tapatalk) or facebook and they barely use up anything. So, it might not cost that much if you go on a low data plan. Just be careful not to watch youtube when you're not on wifi - I download my fave cheer vids off youtube, convert them and load them up on my phone in case I need a video cheer fix when I'm out (yes, I am that nerdy). There's an app you can get that monitors your data usage so you won't go over as well.

Tell your momma how easy it can make college life - I can access my college email whenever, my university actually has a mobile friendly site so everything I can check up on pretty much anything any time I have a panic and realise my essay is due tomorrow rather than next week and then email my professors begging for extensions from wherever I am (usually on the way to cheer practice lol!). Also all the apps that are friendly reminders for doctors' appts, times to take your meds, just scheduling your life in general. If you both get an iPhone, there's so many apps that let you talk/txt for free - my personal fave is Viber, my dad and I can yack about politics for hours so it's pretty handy. Mind you, there's probably loads of androids that are just as good and possibly cheaper... I'm just a mac kid and always have been.

that's what i was thinking. or a "hey mom i made it the 6 months on coumadin without going clinically insane"

the biggest downfall i see is the data plan argument. i only pay $10/month right now vs. the 30 for an iphone.
I made a deal with my parents that I would pay half the data charge if they let me get a phone with one. Not sure if that would be doable for you, but that was the deciding factor in my case!

I made a deal with my parents that I would pay half the data charge if they let me get a phone with one. Not sure if that would be doable for you, but that was the deciding factor in my case!

that's not a bad idea! thank you!

haha, so I am due for an upgrade on my cellphone come November, and right now I have the samsung rogue, and he's fading fast. I am trying extremely hard to convince my mom to buy me the iphone 5. poor college student is an understatement right now, so I really can't afford a new phone myself. I KNOW ya'll are good at milking things, so lets hear some good reasons to help convince mama showstopper :)

peace, love, and happy cheering

showstopper
Heyyyyy.. I had a samsung rogue and it was one of the WORST phones ever. But I upgraded to iphone 4 in July.. I hear iPhone 5 is a bit more expensive... but I basically told her I would like a phone that I can keep for a long time and not have to worry about upgrading. And it's very convenient because of all the apps. I paid for more than half of the phone though.. I had to save up. But I basically told her it's a phone I can actually stick to.

Back