Help Me Pick A Gym!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What Gym Should I Choose?

• Total voters
Maybe you could sign up for a tumbling class/private and get a feel for what it's like actually being in the gyms? If you took a private you could also have the coach do a mini evaluation and they could tell you where in their gym you would be a best fit.

I'd also check out the YouTube videos of the lower levels of each gym. Sometimes the level 5 teams don't look like the same gyms lower level teams. Ask what resources each gym has for you as a paying member, too. Do they have free tumbling classes or do they only offer privates that cost money? What time are those classes? Would they work for you and your family? Do they have resources for you if you want to cheer in college? Do they get involved with the community, if that's something that's important to you? Do they offer fundraising options for your family if they want to take advantage of that? How does the cheer gym itself function as a community? Sometimes it's more about the coaching.

Sounds like you have two really good options for where to cheer, I'm sure no matter what decision you and your family make, it will be a great experience.

Both gyms should go head to head at competitions like cheersport nationals and spirit of Hope nationals. Those might be good to compare the two. We have seen CEA Raleigh and they seem like a good program.

There has been a lot of very good advice and if it was me I would take all of it.
Hi everyone,

Here's the story:
I'm moving to North Carolina in the summer of 2016, and I need to pick a gym to cheer at for the upcoming season because I'm going to prepare a video tryout because I'll miss the real ones in May. I've done a ton of research, and the two gyms I've come down to are Rockstar Cheer and Cheer Extreme. They both are amazing programs, I know that, and they're both exactly 40 minutes away from my new house. And in terms of price, the monthly fees are 10 or 15 dollars apart. Both of the programs would be in the Raleigh locations. I know Rockstar Raleigh just became part of the program this season, as they were Elite Cheer before. I saw they just had a clean sweep at a Cheer Limited comp, and they have like 5 D2 Summit bids already, and all they need are dance bids to have the whole gym going to a Summit. I haven't heard much about Cheer Extreme Raleigh recently except for SSX getting a bid to Worlds, but I know just by common knowledge Cheer Extreme is a great gym. And additionally, my stunting is relatively good, so while my tumbling isn't as strong, I could easily excel being on a Senior 2/3/4 team . Honestly I can't choose. Please comment and vote below for the gym you think I should cheer at and why. Thanks in advance :)

IG:
Cheer Extreme- @cheerextremeraleigh
Rockstar Cheer- @rockstar.raleigh

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking??

They both sound like good gyms, the question is more what is a good gym for you personally. I agree with what others said about visiting both and deciding then! I would also strongly encourage you to look into tumbling classes or see if either gym offers free open gym/tumbling classes :)
Good luck with your decision!

Back