Help! My Base Partner Is Really Bad

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If a stunt is not working I recommend approaching a coach and asking them to watch the stunt because its not working. The coach should be able to clearly see the problem. Good Luck! I hope the stunt improves!

@GabbyBase

What is great is that you kept trying and you didn't get mad. You tried to be helpful and point out mistakes and she is ignoring you. Some people can't handle being helped by a team mate so the next step is telling your coach that this isn't working. You try to give her advice and she won't take it. So next step bring in the coach to talk to her to get her to listen to you and what you have to say to make this stunt work.

Personally, I found when I have a base I don't always work well with I try to make sure that we are on the same level skill wise. And since that's not working out for you. You shouldn't have to compromise your skill level.

To change the topic a little bit...

What do you do if you have a base who does not admit to her problems any time? This person did all-star at a large gym for a year (at a lower lever than most of our school's stunts are), had to quit, and returned to school cheer. I have been a base for several years (we both began basing together 2 years ago, and I base with her again now), so while I may not be the best, I do believe I have lots of experience and am an asset to the team. It has been frustrating basing with her again, however. When a stunt goes wrong, our group tries to work through it, and every member makes mistakes at different times. However, I have had the blame for basing issues placed solely on me far too often because (upcoming sarcasm...)she couldn't possibly have made the mistake and it must have been me because I'm not as good. I am not saying in this that I am perfect (I am working to fix my mistakes and I know I am improving and learning), but I know I am a strong and dependable base. How can this stunt group work if one base thinks the other is inferior?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

@brennanez99 My cp was in a situation like that last year. She was the back spot though. Everything wrong was her fault because the rest of her stunt group did allstar and were, obviously, amazing.

Bring your coach in to watch the stunts and see what is going on. I hope everything turns out better for you than it did my cp!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back