Music Help My Music!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
This is the first mix that I've felt confident enough to share with people outside the gym, I've been practicing for a while but finally feel i'm starting to 'get it'. Its not great, but i have made improvement , now I need to look for direction on where to go. The main problem i've been having is keeping my volume consistent across the entire project, but I think that will improve when I get some better sound equipment so I can hear what it actually sounds like. Any advice or criticism of any kind is greatly appreciated :)

http://cheerlibrary.com/audio/1855/sample-mix

This is the first mix that I've felt confident enough to share with people outside the gym, I've been practicing for a while but finally feel i'm starting to 'get it'. Its not great, but i have made improvement , now I need to look for direction on where to go. The main problem i've been having is keeping my volume consistent across the entire project, but I think that will improve when I get some better sound equipment so I can hear what it actually sounds like. Any advice or criticism of any kind is greatly appreciated :)

Good start. I can hear what ya trying to do with your transitions and I think you're on the right path. Levels definitely need working. You have to do it over and over to get those levels right the first time around. But it's good you know your weeknesses and you're right about upgrading your equipment. When you put energy and investment into your art, it will always get better. I promise. You're on the right track keep it up. Did ya apply to be Slapper?

Reactions: ian
Good start. I can hear what ya trying to do with your transitions and I think you're on the right path. Levels definitely need working. You have to do it over and over to get those levels right the first time around. But it's good you know your weeknesses and you're right about upgrading your equipment. When you put energy and investment into your art, it will always get better. I promise. You're on the right track keep it up. Did ya apply to be Slapper?
Yup I applied. The whole not finding out till June 6th thing is killing me. I'm the one who emailed today about sending the wrong sample in on my application lol. I made sure this was the mix I sent in this time.

It sounds good to me. The only problem I have is that the word sex is not edited out well. Just skip that verse. Better yet, exclude any song that is about chains and whips exciting anyone. Never appropriate. Ever.

Yup I applied. The whole not finding out till June 6th thing is killing me. I'm the one who emailed today about sending the wrong sample in on my application lol. I made sure this was the mix I sent in this time.

It's killing a lot of people, but everyone is at so many different levels and we would like everyone in the class to grow together. So I'm looking through all of the applications and figuring out the best Program for the First class. There's been over 200 applicants and it grows everyday. I think by June 5th, we'll have close to 300. Insane!

I definitely liked the concept that you were hitting on, just the overall vibe! Like Chat said, a little work on your mechanics and I feel a big part of that is your equipment so don't be too hard on yourself over that. Overall I really liked it keep striving to get better because as soon as you settle, you've settled for less! Keep up the hard work!

omg that was really good :) what do u mix with?

omg that was really good :) what do u mix with?
All of it was in Sony acid, I'm trying to learn to use audition to sample, but as simple as it seems it should be it's a learning a learning curve for me, as I'm not that musically inclined. I'm making loops in avid or beatmapping songs with simple beats, but that's a pain as I then having to go in after the song is done, slice the songs up periodically, then make small adjustments. My advice to anyone learning to mix, don't use beatmapping as a crutch.

All of it was in Sony acid, I'm trying to learn to use audition to sample, but as simple as it seems it should be it's a learning a learning curve for me, as I'm not that musically inclined. I'm making loops in avid or beatmapping songs with simple beats, but that's a pain as I then having to go in after the song is done, slice the songs up periodically, then make small adjustments. My advice to anyone learning to mix, don't use beatmapping as a crutch.
what did u use for the VO's?

It's killing a lot of people, but everyone is at so many different levels and we would like everyone in the class to grow together. So I'm looking through all of the applications and figuring out the best Program for the First class. There's been over 200 applicants and it grows everyday. I think by June 5th, we'll have close to 300. Insane!
Dang!!!! I'd hate to have to narrow that down. W/e happens good luck with it all :)
I definitely liked the concept that you were hitting on, just the overall vibe! Like Chat said, a little work on your mechanics and I feel a big part of that is your equipment so don't be too hard on yourself over that. Overall I really liked it keep striving to get better because as soon as you settle, you've settled for less! Keep up the hard work!

Thanks! I listened to some of your music the other day btw, and it was great! Keep up the hard work.

what did u use for the VO's?
I didn't lol but I would use audition. The cheer is Tom parrot I believe, I think that's who @Level5Mom uses and she did my gyms music last year and that was a VoiceOver we had. The girl whisper was big red and the cheer force all-stars is chat from slapdire. Those where from the free voiceover giveaway from cheersound

Dang!!!! I'd hate to have to narrow that down. W/e happens good luck with it all :)

Thanks! I listened to some of your music the other day btw, and it was great! Keep up the hard work.

Thanks! Really appreciate the support and glad you like the tracks!

My advice to anyone learning to mix, don't use beatmapping as a crutch.

Well said! Yea smapling is hard but it's worth the Sound Quality. SlapFire is rolling out our new products for Producers!
They're called SlapLoopz.

SlapLoops are perfectly sampled Acidized Loops from your favorite songs. So now you don't have to do the hard work. We take songs sample them up and create a Loop Packs that you can instantly download from www.SlapFire.com. It's only gonna cost $3 per SlapLoopz. For example: The new Lady Gaga track - Edge Of Glory, we've taken that songs, cut all of the loops out of it, imported them into Acid, layed them down to a beat, checked the syncronization, and then resaved the Loop with the perfect amount of beats and BAMMM! it's Acidized! Now you can extract the SlapLoopz to your library, import the Loops into your session and they will be in perfect sync with your other sounds and beats! Now you can get even more creative with Mash Ups, cause everything fits and all of the sounds will mesh in a clearer way.

We'll be rolling out these SlapLoops really soon!
Stay tuned!

Back