All-Star Help On A Little Girls Level 1 Skills

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ian

Jan 28, 2011
My little cousin is working on her back bend kick over, and she just doesnt seem to understand the concept. Do you have anything that may help her. Drills, Tips, anything?
Thank you!
Ian

I find with the little ones who are just trying to kick and hope that they magically land on their feet it helps to try and tell them to kick their foot over the top and bring it down to the floor, because a lot just kick up, rather then over. Have her do a bridge on the floor facing a wall and telling her to kick the wall behind them generally helps do the same thing if they still don't understand.

Reactions: ian
I find with the little ones who are just trying to kick and hope that they magically land on their feet it helps to try and tell them to kick their foot over the top and bring it down to the floor, because a lot just kick up, rather then over. Have her do a bridge on the floor facing a wall and telling her to kick the wall behind them generally helps do the same thing if they still don't understand.

Thank you! I will be sure to see that she knows to kick up & over, rather than just "kick." :)

The way I explain the kick to the little ones is to draw a circle or rainbow with their foot. I find talking in pictures they grasp the concept faster than all the technical talk. Even though as I always say at the gym it may sound crazy but it works.:fro:

tell her to be super tight. If she feels like when she's kicking over and shes about to fall to keep reaching. Did that make any sense? Lol sorry

Back