Help With My Tuck!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 12, 2012
hiya all!
i have been trying to get my back tuck but i cant seem to 'tuck' enough when i throw it. I'm more in a chair position with my arms under my legs and no matter how hard i try i cant seem to bring my knees to my chest.
Does anyone have any tips or drills that could help me 'tuck' in my back tuck?
Cheers xx

Hi,
Yes there is a way to tuck your knees more! Right now your probably grabbing the back of your thighs when you tuck. To get in a more of a "ball" postition you need to grab you calves when you tuck.
Hope this helps:)

As stupid as it may sound, tuck jumps will help you not only with height but getting your knees close to your chest. I had to do tuck jumps and didn't understand why till we started doing standing tucks and it makes a world of difference. Even now as a coach I make my girls do tucks jumps and I had 5 girls in one hour land their standing tucks.

Yeah,
my coach says that my legs are really slow?
and i try so hard to bring my tuck to my chest but it doesn't seem to be working!
whenever i try and grab my calves i think it stuffs up my rotation because i bring my chest down i think?
i dont know how to fix this?
any ideas i can do at home?

I always grab right behind my knees and just pull. It always help if you imagine when you're tucking that you're trying to kick someone with your shins, not your feet. Think shins over, not feet! :)

but what about my chest?
my knees are no where near my chest in the first place which means i cant grab them to tuck :?

Back