Help With Team Names!!! Please

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 6, 2015
I just bought a gym and I have three teams. A mini team, a youth team, and a junior team. Our gym name is Epic Athletics. I am just having a hard time coming up with cute theme names for each team. Our colors are purple black silver and white. Please help me!

Since you guys are Epic, you are trying to relate to that fan base in my opinion, so we want something like cool, or rad kidz. Things like that to relate to a gym name, I don't know, this is just my idea ;)

I'm just looking for anything creative. Last year they only had one team so they were the epic crusaders...but I'm not sure if I really like that theme. One of my staff members said that we could do like different shades of purple or like stars, comet, Galaxy. I am just looking for anything that anyone would think sounds good with EPIC :)

Tbh, you can go 3 routes I like the different shades of the gym colors for the Tiny or Youth team- Periwinkles, Grapes, Plums etc and maybe the Jr team- Amethyst, Orchid, Violet what I know of possible meaning of the word Epic and what I first thought of a long poem with a hero, who performs heroic deeds- some words such as brave, fearless, virtuous, valiant, victory, heroic, etc... The 3rd choice might be Purple- Royalty Titles, such as Princess/Princes, Dutchess/Dukes, Counts/Countess, Baron/Baroness, etc..some possible thoughts...

Last edited:
I like the shades of purple idea. It would be easy to add new names as you grow and add new teams.

Spirit of Texas has purple aces, purple hearts, purple rush, purple stars, purple sas, purple crush, purple girls, etc., but can't think of any gyms focused on different shades of purple. That idea could be cool.

Here are a few ideas:

E-words: extravagant, extraordinary, excite, elegant, electric, eloquent, exquisite, elite.

Words synonymous with "Epic" turned into nouns: Regals, Royals, Heroic/Heroes, Nobles, Majestics/Majesties, etc.

Greek gods (since an Epic is a long poem originating from Greece): Zeus, Athena, Aphrodite, Nike, Apollo, Artemis.

Back