OT Hey, New Jersey...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Im also from NJ and Italian. Some of the shows are accurate to the AREA the show was filmed in. In RHWONJ that area tends to be upper class, Italian families all living in the mansions. I live on the jersey shore. A 5 minute walk from my house to the beach and no one around here is a "guido" except for the bennies that come down in the summer from NY, PA etc. I personally am not offended by any of these shows because they are so funny and entertaining but I can see why people get upset. Jersey is actually a great place, just portrayed incorrectly.

haha... I guarantee you anyone on here that's not from NJ read that and thought "WTF IS A BENNY!?" lol

I live very close to where RHWONJ is filmed... I know those types of people, and that is sadly pretty accurate. Lucky for me, my town is mostly made of rednecks lol

Thank you! And here I am thinking it's referring to speed, which makes @megaflipper 's statement above a little more scary...

I love the summer. I love the Shore....I hate the Bennies and the traffic they bring.

@Mamarazzi

Yes, I believe my family walks a fine line between Jersey redneck and Jersey suburbanite. My family trips as a kid consisted of spending weekends down at the Jersey Shore (SEASIDE <3), except we didn't rent a house or stay in a hotel... we drove down with our junky trailer and camped in a parking lot on the bay.... and went crabbing lol

When I think of "redneck", I think of ignorant and uneducated, which definitely isn't my family.... but my Mom has a missing tooth, which she superglues in for "special occasions" lmao.... I think that officially puts us in the redneck column:)

@Mamarazzi

Yes, I believe my family walks a fine line between Jersey redneck and Jersey suburbanite. My family trips as a kid consisted of spending weekends down at the Jersey Shore (SEASIDE <3), except we didn't rent a house or stay in a hotel... we drove down with our junky trailer and camped in a parking lot on the bay.... and went crabbing lol

When I think of "redneck", I think of ignorant and uneducated, which definitely isn't my family.... but my Mom has a missing tooth, which she superglues in for "special occasions" lmao.... I think that officially puts us in the redneck column:)

Crabs and a missing tooth...oh my stars... :eek:

@Mamarazzi bennies take over my town and the beaches but thanks to them I have a summer job so I guess I cant hate them too much.

I can't really imagine all that. Only history buffs come to my town, but they don't take over with tans and fist pumps. Just Civil War-era cannons.

The shore is really like "Jersey Shore" in the summer however, like stated before, most of them are from Staten Island and Looooonnnggg Island. GTL. No other place like it in the world.

Back