OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Double post. I'm wanting to start dying my hair with natural dye. Any recommendations? Even though my hair can take many things that cause damage, I rarely do anything damage like things to my hair. So keeping up with regular dye is a no for me from now on.
Anyway is there permanent natural dyes or is it just semi permanent or fades out easily?

**I promise I don't eat children and I am not gross looking**

Double post. I'm wanting to start dying my hair with natural dye. Any recommendations? Even though my hair can take many things that cause damage, I rarely do anything damage like things to my hair. So keeping up with regular dye is a no for me from now on.
Anyway is there permanent natural dyes or is it just semi permanent or fades out easily?

I know manic panic is a vegetable based dye, so it's fairly safe. But it's temporary. Washes out after about a week. they have some of the best purple based hair color that I've tried though.

When my hair was burgundy-red the last two winters, I experimented with henna once or twice. I found it to be just as lasting as the "permanent" dyes, meaning it faded a bit by 6 weeks - but that is the unfortunate nature of red dye.

When my hair was burgundy-red the last two winters, I experimented with henna once or twice. I found it to be just as lasting as the "permanent" dyes, meaning it faded a bit by 6 weeks - but that is the unfortunate nature of red dye.
My best friend tried henna once and I LOVED the color it gave her. She said it stuck around a little while longer than other red dyes she had tried but not by a lot.

I use Zum soap! I use the bar kind at home but it doesn't lend well to dorm life so I got the Zum body wash for when I'm at school. It's kind of pricy but a chunk lasts a while. They sell it at HyVee here which I know is a regional thing, but they have a store locator on their website! I really like it, it's all natural and they have a ton of different scents and at the store they just have blocks of soap that you cut yourself and the cashier weighs for you, so you can just get a little chunk to test it out if you want. Indigo Wild - Zum Bars, soap and so much more!
ETA: my personal fave scents are grapefruit and tangerine-orange for the bars, and I use the eucalyptus scented body wash (although now I see they have grapefruit which they didn't have @ my store but I'll def look for in the future!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found local store that carries it, but they were totally out! So I got a different organic soap and it's been working really well! Though I do want to try Zum soap. Maybe next time I go to the store they'll have it.

Okay so it's not about makeup but I think it is the best thread for this...

Anyone has keratosis pilaris? If so, what products do you use? I feel like my skin is getting worse these days...

Okay so it's not about makeup but I think it is the best thread for this...

Anyone has keratosis pilaris? If so, what products do you use? I feel like my skin is getting worse these days...

I have it! going gluten free got rid of 100% on the backs of my thighs and about 80% on the backs of my arms. My dermatologist prescribed Utopic Urea cream Utopic | Artesa Labs for the pesky remaining lumps. It may have made a slight difference, but to be perfectly honest I didn't use it too much because the cream makes your skin feel really chalky and I didn't like it.

Now I swear by Frank coffee exfoliant/body scrub frank body - Coffee-based skincare that makes babes feel good. – frank body | USA which seems counterintuitive since you're trying to combat dry skin, but I use the coconut rub and there's oils in it that stay after the scrub is removed and I've seen dramatic results with it. (for real, search https://instagram.com/frankfeedback/ some of the results are downright crazy, but very real)

I also notice if I binge on ice cream/dairy it flares up like crazy so, while getting rid of gluten helped, it obviously is still triggered by foods for me. If playing around with your diet is something you're also willing to do, I'd try it. But definitely try the frank scrub!

Last edited:
I have it! going gluten free got rid of 100% on the backs of my thighs and about 80% on the backs of my arms. My dermatologist prescribed Utopic Urea cream Utopic | Artesa Labs for the pesky remaining lumps. It may have made a slight difference, but to be perfectly honest I didn't use it too much because the cream makes your skin feel really chalky and I didn't like it.

Now I swear by Frank coffee exfoliant/body scrub frank body - Coffee-based skincare that makes babes feel good. – frank body | USA which seems counterintuitive since you're trying to combat dry skin, but I use the coconut rub and there's oils in it that stay after the scrub is removed and I've seen dramatic results with it. (for real, search https://instagram.com/frankfeedback/- some of the results are downright crazy, but very real)

I also notice if I binge on ice cream/dairy it flares up like crazy so, while getting rid of gluten helped, it obviously is still triggered by foods for me. If playing around with your diet is something you're also willing to do, I'd try it. But definitely try the frank scrub!

I'll have to try that product, thank you!

Not makeup related, but whats a good hair spray for curls? My hair is fine but I have a lot of it and it doesnt keep a curl very well.

Not makeup related, but whats a good hair spray for curls? My hair is fine but I have a lot of it and it doesnt keep a curl very well.
I love Tresemme! It's cheap and there's a good amount in the bottle. Get the one rated 5 (strongest hold).

Does anyone have experience with hot tools' straighteners?
I'd like to know as well! I have a babyliss pro nano titanium and it's about 9 years old and I think it's going to crap out on me soon!

So I went to Ulta today cause it's my birthday month, so double points, plus a free full size bare minerals lip gloss...I bought an urban decay lipstick, liner and new eye primer. I got a full size UD eyeshadow and sample lip gloss for free. :D

I can't wait to try out the Tartelette 2 palette! I know it's available online but I wanna see the swatches in store!

Back