OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I've always had oily skin but it's been so cold and dry here that my skin has completely dried out:( any recommendations on products to keep it moisturized?
Everyone should use Hydraluron!! It's seriously made such a difference in my skin. Wash your face, hydraluron, then put your regular moisturizer on top. Only available at Walgreens in the US and it's $25 but it's so worth it. I actually think I'll save money in the long run because I'm using less moisturizer every day.

And if you're looking for more skincare info, I really recommend checking out Caroline Hirons blog and/or YouTube. My skin has improved so much since I've started using things she recommends.

I use multiple products from Ole Henricksen when my skin is really dry. I also use it when my skin is trending oily as well. I use the Pure Truth Vitamin C oil daily to help control oil and the Vitamin C truth Creme when it is dry. I tend to use his Vitamin C products because I get dark spots at times from breakouts and the Vitamin C helps even them out.
Thank you! I ordered the truth creme. I'll let you know how it works:)

I don't buy a lot of high end makeup (or makeup in general because I don't really wear it) but since I did such a good job of budgeting this month, I decided to treat myself so some products I've had my eyes on. I picked up the Too Faced "boudoir eyes" eyeshadow thingy and I love it [emoji7] the colors are so pretty and it's really easy to apply (which I love). And then I also got Urban Decay Flushed (bronzer/highlighter/blush) in "streak" and I'm obsessed with it the colors are exactly what I wanted and it goes on so easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone should use Hydraluron!! It's seriously made such a difference in my skin. Wash your face, hydraluron, then put your regular moisturizer on top. Only available at Walgreens in the US and it's $25 but it's so worth it. I actually think I'll save money in the long run because I'm using less moisturizer every day.

And if you're looking for more skincare info, I really recommend checking out Caroline Hirons blog and/or YouTube. My skin has improved so much since I've started using things she recommends.
I'm already in love with her after an hour. Thank you so much!

Any recommendations for a good foundation for oily skin.
Estee lauder double wear. Definitely.

On another note... Can we just talk about how much I hate ulta's website right now? I have never been able to get my rewards thing to link up online. So, all 1600 of my points have come from in-store purchases. Anything I've purchased online... Nope.

So, I know they have the right information, because I can sign in. But when I enter my rewards number it says "this rewards number is already associated with another account." Yet they email me every 5 minutes to use my 1600 points - so I know I'm using the right email.

I've called about this 4 times in the past year. Seriously ulta... Get it together. I can take my $1600 somewhere else this year. (but first I'd like to redeem my $70 worth of stuff and use my gift cards!)

It doesn't help that their employees never know the policies. I wanted to exchange a foundation for a different one that I bought using points after 60 days. The person I talked to at Customer Service said it would be no problem. Went to the store and they made it seem like they were making an exception for me...

If I can figure out your policy by reading it on the website the employees should be able to figure it out as well.

Oh my God you are not kidding. This guy I'm on the phone with has no clue. I feel like he has never even heard of Ulta or their rewards program. I've spend almost half an hour explaining to him that I want to use my points on the website. He keeps telling me my email is not linked to my card number.

I know.

........that's why I called. Remember? :starwars:

Does the guy answering the phone at the rewards help line seriously NOT know how to link my login information to my rewards card? :confused:

I've only had to call their line once and she was actually able to do what I needed. I deleted the email with the link to activate 5x the points on a certain brand and it wasnt showing up on the Ulta website to do it, so I checked to see if they would be able to give the bonus points with a receipt number and they were able to. But I guess they can only give points in 100 point increments so I got a ton of bonus points for buying a lipstick.
The end result was that my 1600 points disappeared and I hung up on him, vowing to never buy another thing from them again as long as I live.

[emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

Eta of course I'm calling back to get my points, and use them and my gift cards first. But for real... I live in Chicago. Ulta does not sell anything I can't get at 750 other places here.

Last edited:
The points seriously just 'disappeared'?
Oh. Em. Jeezus. I am literally on the phone with them again. This now makes over 2 hours of my day off wasted on this nonsense. I cannot remember having a worse online shopping experience ever.

It would be cool if ONE person that works there knew anything about their website or even their company.

So, I ended up getting off the phone with still 1646 points, 2 gift cards... And no purchase. And still no free cute gold tote bag. [emoji22] [emoji35]

ahhhh :cloud9: so after a long crappy day at work i came home to the best present ever. ordered some makeup geek eyeshadows and a z palette.... they are so pretty, i cant wait to use them.

ahhhh :cloud9: so after a long crappy day at work i came home to the best present ever. ordered some makeup geek eyeshadows and a z palette.... they are so pretty, i cant wait to use them.
My girls all have their shadows and love them. They have a list of which ones they want next.

Back