OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The Lorac Skinny Palette in black is my new obsession and I'd recommend it to anyone. I got the Laura Geller Eye Dew cream shadow stick trio, but they're a little more shimmery than I'd like. I'm keeping them though because I struggle to find good cream shadow sticks, rather than cream shadows in pots. I got the Mac look in a box kit with the mascara/pencil/and gel liner too but I haven't decided if I'll keep it. It's a good price and staple products for me, so I probably will, but I feel a little guilty about spending so much on makeup at once.

Non makeup favorites from the sale-
Zella live in capris (everyone needs these), Caslon long sleeve tees, and a new pair of Nikes. I also got a few of the Kate Spade polka dot coffee tumblers and matching phone cases for Christmas presents for my friends.

I'm happy I was able to stock up on basics, but overall I was slightly disappointed in the sale this year. My birthday is Sunday, and my present every year is that my mom lets me choose a few things at the Anniversary sale. This year there just wasn't a whole lot that jumped out at me. Maybe it's because I've shopped this sale too long and lots of the items repeat every year so I didn't feel the need to buy them again? I've loved the North Face fleece pullovers, Longchamp expandable, Paige jeans, Barefoot Dreams cardigans, etc in the past. They stock those items every year, so maybe it all felt too familiar and thus underwhelming? I'm not sure what it was, but this year just didn't wow me.
How do the capris run size wise? And happy birthday!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do the capris run size wise? And happy birthday!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!! I think they run true to size. I'm 5'4" and 118ish pounds with fairly muscular thighs/butt. I usually wear a 4 in jeans to fit my legs, and I wear a small in Zella's. I have tried on mediums and they fit nicely in the legs, but the waist was a little looser than I wanted. I have the live in leggings, the live in capris with mesh panels, and just got the plain live in capris and they've all held up great. I do wash them in cold water on gentle and don't dry them so I'm sure that helps. To me, they're just as good quality as Lulus, but for 1/3 of the price during the anniversary sale. And the name is incredibly fitting because I do literally live in them. Hope that helps!

The Lorac Skinny Palette in black is my new obsession and I'd recommend it to anyone. I got the Laura Geller Eye Dew cream shadow stick trio, but they're a little more shimmery than I'd like. I'm keeping them though because I struggle to find good cream shadow sticks, rather than cream shadows in pots. I got the Mac look in a box kit with the mascara/pencil/and gel liner too but I haven't decided if I'll keep it. It's a good price and staple products for me, so I probably will, but I feel a little guilty about spending so much on makeup at once.

Non makeup favorites from the sale-
Zella live in capris (everyone needs these), Caslon long sleeve tees, and a new pair of Nikes. I also got a few of the Kate Spade polka dot coffee tumblers and matching phone cases for Christmas presents for my friends.

I'm happy I was able to stock up on basics, but overall I was slightly disappointed in the sale this year. My birthday is Sunday, and my present every year is that my mom lets me choose a few things at the Anniversary sale. This year there just wasn't a whole lot that jumped out at me. Maybe it's because I've shopped this sale too long and lots of the items repeat every year so I didn't feel the need to buy them again? I've loved the North Face fleece pullovers, Longchamp expandable, Paige jeans, Barefoot Dreams cardigans, etc in the past. They stock those items every year, so maybe it all felt too familiar and thus underwhelming? I'm not sure what it was, but this year just didn't wow me.

I agree with you! every year I pick out a pair of boots and a coat that usually end up my christmas gifts (we're early shoppers around here lol) and this year i'm really not excited about the selection.

I've always had clear skin, but my body seems to be going through a hormone change and my face is going CRAZY lately. Any wash/cleanser/lotion recommendations?

I have pretty dry skin, sometimes it can be a bit oily.

I've always had clear skin, but my body seems to be going through a hormone change and my face is going CRAZY lately. Any wash/cleanser/lotion recommendations?

My skin had a freak out last month so I got the 30 day Clinique 3 step kit and it cleared it up within a week. They also have an acne solutions line that I've heard really good things about.

I need some makeup help. I usually just wear winged eyeliner and mascara everyday. The most makeup I'll wear is for comp when I blend my eyeshadow and wear red lipstick. I want to try and get an eyeshadow palette for special occasions and I was thinking about one of the naked palettes. Although I don't know which one or if I would use it enough for the price.

Also does anyone have any tips on foundation? I have really bad dark circles 24/7 but for some reason not even BB cream looks good on me. My skin is mostly clear but anything on top makes the acne I do have look really bad instead of covering. Anything I wear looks cakey and ends up looking worse than just my regular skin.

If you don't wear eyeshadow often, I don't think it'd be worth it to buy one of the Naked palettes. Also consider how many eye looks you're likely to do. I have the Lorac pro palette which has 16 shades, but I really only use 3-4 of them. Maybe a smaller palette like the Lorac Skinny mentioned above would work for you if you're only wearing it for special occasions.

For foundation, I always recommend the Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation. It gives me great coverage and lasts all day without fading and rubbing/sweating off.

Are you sure you need a foundation though? If your only concern is dark circles, maybe you only need to wear concealer under your eyes and on problem spots. The Nars Radiant Creamy concealer is hugely popular and has the perfect consistency for covering dark circles. I've also heard great things about the Tarte Maracuja concealer.

Picked up a Loreal collagen moisture filler today at target....I'm. In. Love. and this is coming from a girl with super dry and sensitive skin that doesn't do well with new makeup/products! Must pick up if you are in need of a good moisturizer!

I have used Philosophy Purity for like a year now and I've been in love with it since I started. I have pretty sensitive skin & I don't really break out, but when I do this keeps it under control. I've never had any problems with it drying my skin out and when I use it everyday (which I don't a lot bc I'm super lazy.. Its bad I know lol) I can really see that it evens my skintone out a little bit.

When I have a breakout that concerns me a little more I use Philosophy's Clear Days Ahead and it makes my skin less oily and goes to work on the blemishes. A lot of the time I will put it just on the problem area for like a minute and then wash it off and that works well! The bottle says to leave it on for 30 seconds to 1 minute, I usually keep it on for 30secs only because it dries my skin out a lot when I keep it on longer.

i feel like I post in here weekly about concealers... but round 10 - does anyone have a recommendation? I've tried tarte and their formula changed so now i hate it. Sephora brand and I broke out in hives and 2 drugstore brands that I am blanking on at the moment, also made me break out in little bumps everywhere I applied it... Is the bare minerals liquid one good? or any similar recommendations? I apparently need it to be as natural as possible because my skin is angry with me.

I think my cat walked off with my beauty blender since I can't find it anywhere...

my puppy stole mine and managed to chew it enough to make it small and swallow-able and then it expanded in his throat. it was a disaster. I had to stick my hand down his throat and pull it out all while he was trying to physically attack me because he was terrified.

hope the cat didn't steal it because it's expensive and that would suck.. but watch out for swallowing!

i feel like I post in here weekly about concealers... but round 10 - does anyone have a recommendation? I've tried tarte and their formula changed so now i hate it. Sephora brand and I broke out in hives and 2 drugstore brands that I am blanking on at the moment, also made me break out in little bumps everywhere I applied it... Is the bare minerals liquid one good? or any similar recommendations? I apparently need it to be as natural as possible because my skin is angry with me.
I've played around with the bare minerals one and found that it was pretty sheer.

If you're looking for something under your eyes, Benefit erase paste is really good. The color selection is minimal but it's easy to blend especially if you put it on under your foundation. I'm not sure which Tarte concealer you used to use but the CC eye concealer is similar to the Benefit but the packaging is easier to use(in a pan instead of a jar).

If you're looking for an all over/brightening concealer, I really love the Urban Decay liquid concealer(not a fan of the sticks). It's essentially a more concentrated version of their foundation formula. It's incredibly smooth and doesn't crease on me if I set it and I have rather oily skin.

The best coverage concealer I've ever found is the Amazing cosmetics concealer. It's a little pricey but you need the smallest amount to cover anything and I haven't seen any problems with creasing or emphasizing dry spots.

Sorry that was so long but I thought I would give you some options to look at!

Latest posts

Back