OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm looking to buy up my summer/camp makeup this week since I leave for my staff meeting this weekend and I wanted to see how it will hold up with sweating and heat. Anyone have any recommendations with primers and eyeliner? I hate to spend a lot on foundation with my skin getting darker over the summer, but I'm open to any suggestions!

I'm looking to buy up my summer/camp makeup this week since I leave for my staff meeting this weekend and I wanted to see how it will hold up with sweating and heat. Anyone have any recommendations with primers and eyeliner? I hate to spend a lot on foundation with my skin getting darker over the summer, but I'm open to any suggestions!
I just used an Ulta primer last year. It seemed to work pretty well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the water based one from Ulta and it comes off in patches! It works better when I have a moisturizer underneath it (any makeup should) but if it comes off in patches when I'm not working out, I can't imagine after a full day!

I've been using a few different Ulta primers since I got a bunch on sale last year. They will have them for $5 occasionally. I just got one of their BB creams to try out too.

I really like Benefit's pore-fessional because I have oily skin and tend to get shiny. I've been using it for years!

I love my Hourglass mineral veil primer, but it's crazy expensive so I use it sparingly. The Ulta Matte Primer lasts all day long without me looking shiny and was only $5 on sale when I got it, so this is what I normally use.

Estee Lauder doublewear foundation is my holy grail. It makes my skin look flawless and does not budge at all once it's on.

Liquid eyeliners hold up best on my oily eyelids. My favorites are the KVD tattoo liner and MAC liquidlast liner. The KVD is more convenient because it's a liner pen, but the MAC is seriously sweat/oil/rub-proof. I've "accidentally" (read: too tired to wash my face) fallen asleep wearing the MAC and when I wake up the next day it still looks flawless. The only thing I don't like is the brush it comes with so I use the Sonia Kashuk bent eye liner brush instead.

Sorry this got to be so long, I just really like talking about makeup:oops::p

I have the water based one from Ulta and it comes off in patches! It works better when I have a moisturizer underneath it (any makeup should) but if it comes off in patches when I'm not working out, I can't imagine after a full day!
i second the Kat Von D tattoo liner its amazing, the pen is super fine so you can get a natural line or go super thick

So I just meant to buy one thing off the colour pop website since on your first order you get 5 dollars off and they're offering a free eye shadow with any purchase. I ended up ordering 7 things and getting the eye shadow for free...
OUU! what did you buy?? I'm creeping the site now (I've never heard of it before!) and they look like they have some great colours for a dang good price!

So I just meant to buy one thing off the colour pop website since on your first order you get 5 dollars off and they're offering a free eye shadow with any purchase. I ended up ordering 7 things and getting the eye shadow for free...
Oooh, please do a mini-review when you get it. I'd love to know what you think of the quality, because most of the reviews I've seen people either really love them or hate them (and there's been lots of talk about sponsored/biased reviews). Have you by chance used makeup geek eyeshadows? They're also good quality and fairly cheap (~$6/eyeshadow), but I'm wondering how they compare to colour pop.

I'm sure you've already found an eyeliner so I'm kind of using your post to jump off of. But Pur Minerals just came out with new eyeliners, Vixen liners I think? They're double sided, one side with pencil and the other with liquid. The pencil side is nothing special, doesn't last any longer than any other liner. But the liquid side is quickly becoming my favorite. It's a felt tip pen style, and the tip is really thin and easy to apply. They come in 4 colors: dark purple, brown, black, and a blue. The blue pencil side is more of a navy but the liquid is much brighter, almost aqua blue.

Long story short: Pur Minerals new liners have a pencil side and liquid side. The liquid lasts forever(reminds me of Stila stay all day but gives you a pencil option with it)

GlamGlow is on sale on Groupon. Depending on which one, it's $42.99 or $49.99 still a lot but I can't pass up a sale. My poor wallet [emoji20]

Not a must have, just a silly thing I didn't know where else to put but I was doing Too Faced training at work and their brushes are made out of "teddy bear hair" which I found hilarious. Can you imagine the disclaimer? "No teddy bears were harmed in the making of these brushes"[emoji23]

Not a must have, just a silly thing I didn't know where else to put but I was doing Too Faced training at work and their brushes are made out of "teddy bear hair" which I found hilarious. Can you imagine the disclaimer? "No teddy bears were harmed in the making of these brushes"[emoji23]
I used to have the kabuki brush they have and I swear I just used to touch the brush all day because it was so soft [emoji23]

Back