OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Has anyone used Cover FX products? I went to Sephora's to buy a replacement foundation for competing and she talked me in to buying the Cover FX liquid foundation (I previously used MAC but wanted to get Sephora points). I like the coverage and the lack of chemicals in it but it seems really thick and I'm afraid it is drying my skin out. Or does all foundation do that? I've never been a frequent user of foundation.

Has anyone used Cover FX products? I went to Sephora's to buy a replacement foundation for competing and she talked me in to buying the Cover FX liquid foundation (I previously used MAC but wanted to get Sephora points). I like the coverage and the lack of chemicals in it but it seems really thick and I'm afraid it is drying my skin out. Or does all foundation do that? I've never been a frequent user of foundation.
I used to used their concealer to cover my tattoos for competition when I was out of Kat Von D. So they cover really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the Cover FX BB Gel, and I really like it. It has very good coverage. I have been using it as a primer when I know I will be working 8+ hours and it hold the makeup nicely.

Anyone have a review of the Clarisonic Mia? I've looked at it a few times in Sephora, but have not been totally convinced to drop the $100 on it yet.

Anyone have a review of the Clarisonic Mia? I've looked at it a few times in Sephora, but have not been totally convinced to drop the $100 on it yet.
LOVE mine. I have the 2. When I first got it, I used the sensitive brush cause I wasn't sure how my skin would react. I quickly moved to the deep cleanse. I love how soft my face feels after. I would absolutely recommend it.

@NJ Coach did you notice a big difference between the two settings on the Mia 2? I've read a couple reviews online and a few people said they couldn't really tell there was a difference.

@NJ Coach did you notice a big difference between the two settings on the Mia 2? I've read a couple reviews online and a few people said they couldn't really tell there was a difference.
No, I can't tell.

Today I bit the bullet after three years of cheerleading and many more of makeup wearing, and actually bought a foundation. I feel like this is something I should have bought before? I've been getting through competitions on BB cream, concealer and pressed powder.

I do like mine now but I cannot use it anywhere near the recommended frequency. I used it about once a week inplace of a face scrub. When I was using it daily or almost daily, my mom and I both ended up with raw skin/rash on my cheeks (even with a new brush) and it was almost like my face was addicted to it. If I didn't use it would get scaley and flakey.

When I took it in to Nordstrom's to talk to them about it, the lady at the Clinique counter said she shouldn't say this but she would never recommend it to anyone.

This was 2 years ago and now they have a whole new line of brushes, so maybe they fixed things.

Today I bit the bullet after three years of cheerleading and many more of makeup wearing, and actually bought a foundation. I feel like this is something I should have bought before? I've been getting through competitions on BB cream, concealer and pressed powder.
Foundation isn't for everyone. I do the same as you do or did. Bb cream, press powder, and concealer. I don't like heavy foundation on my face. I do regular foundation if I have an event I need my makeup to last all day for but that's about it.

Hallelujah!! Got my MAC Pro Card before christmas and used it for presents and also for myself. So glad I have it!

Just found out that I'm only $99.34 away from being able to stay Platinum at Ulta through next year :oops: (for anyone who doesn't know: it takes spending $400 in a year to be Platinum. I learned that today too)

Last edited:
Just found out that I'm only $99.34 away from being able to stay Platinum at Ulta through next year :oops: (for anyone who doesn't know: it takes spending $400 in a year to be Platinum. I learned that today too)
Woah! lol I wish we had an Ulta here in Canada! We have Sally Beauty and another one for professionals only. There's also sephora but I'd love an Ulta. I have my Mac Pro card and most of my stuff is mac so I don't mind but is love to get some of the other stuff that Ulta carries like cool accessories.

Woah! lol I wish we had an Ulta here in Canada! We have Sally Beauty and another one for professionals only. There's also sephora but I'd love an Ulta. I have my Mac Pro card and most of my stuff is mac so I don't mind but is love to get some of the other stuff that Ulta carries like cool accessories.
I mean, it's kind of shocking to see it written out, but I've gotten one of maybe 2 bottles or Amazonian Clay foundation for the year, and my mom bought a couple of things from Philosophy without realizing the price and and a Too Faced blush. However, I still have $40 left from Christmas ;) and I get my license in May, which means a job hopefully which means more money and more makeup :-p

Back