All-Star High School Cheer And Allstar Cheer Conflict?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wonder if it was the club teams (here) that decided to purposely disallow practices during school seasons. It makes sense. I do see that it would be very difficult for cheer.
In our state it is the high schools that disallow the club team practices (i.e. basketball/baseball AAU) because the high school teams really suffer when they have to work around the AAU schedules.

My daughter is lucky she does both High School Football and Comp. cheer and All Star cheer, the only way this works is because the High School and All Star gym she is at compete at the same comps., if there are comps. that All Star or H.S. doesn't compete at, one or the other doesn't compete that day. High School ends the 1st weekend in March and her All Star season ends with U.S. Finals in May. The high school uses the All Star gym for practice after school until 6 3 days a week and practice for All Star doesn't start until 5:30 which only conflicts with 1 day of High School and it's only 1/2 hour so her H.S. school coach doesn't mind.

If cheer becomes a sport, then if you cheer in high school you can not miss practice/games/competition for any "club" sport that you participate in (which would include all-star cheer). You could probably make Fall season work, but winter season would be nearly impossible.
I believe schools would also be banned from attending Nationals if cheer becomes a sport.
For this season at least NYS is still allowing HS teams to go to Nationals. They just have to be sanctioned events, although what exactly makes a comp sanctioned is unknown at least to me.
We already know we have 2 allstar comps which could potentially cause conflicts with HS comps and I let the HS coach know right away. We have no clue as to the HS comp schedule as that is next season.

Latest posts

Back